Ref. No. : 107216
Position : French Editor / Translator
Location : Ottawa
Quantum Management is seeking a French Translator - Editor for a 6-month term with its Ottawa-based client. The successful candidate will ensure that all French documents are published on time.
The Translator-Editor manages documents by providing French translation, editing, coordinating editorial schedules, and communicating with clients, as well as working on podcasts, events, and other activities.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the translator-editor can work closely with volunteers and drive the work of the organization in a hands-on way.
What’s in it for you :
- Full-time, 6-month term position (with possible extension)
- Dental and Health Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Days
- A 35-hour work week
- Undergraduate degree in communications, translation, journalism, literature, or comparable
- Two to four years’ progressive experience in French editing and translation
- Expert in working in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with LogiTerm or similar translation database
- Familiar with desktop publishing tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiar with Canadian Press style and French Canadian style standards
- Proven ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities with conflicting time constraints
- Professional-level editorial, written and oral skills in French
- Ensure high-quality French version documents and written products, undertaking substantive editing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Undertake English-to-French translation and review the work of external English-to-French translators
- Handle types of products including emails, web and social media content, articles, executive summaries, public statements, reports, meeting and seminar programs, sponsorship brochures, marketing materials, and press releases other documents may include research papers, corporate documents, and professionalism-related content
- Maintain, refine, and apply the house style in French, including populating and managing the database
- Post documents and content to the website
- Help monitor French social media and media channels
- Prepare and post content as required
- Support development of CIA French-language podcasts and other multimedia content
Please send your resume in Word format to Angela Casey at .
REFER AND EARN A $50 GIFT CARD! For more details, .
OUR VIRTUAL DOORS ARE OPEN! We’re also bringing the interviews to you by various web applications, virtually! Contact us today for your next opportunity.Less than 1 hour ago