Technology Specialist, Wheat Milling
Location Montreal, Quebec
Position Type Technology
Salary Salaried - Exempt
Compensation This position offers a complete benefit package, retirement, health, life, vision and dental insurance
Pre-employment Requirement Successful completion of pre-employment medical and reference check
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow.
We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company.
Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more.
From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
About the Position
The Technology Specialist will apply engineering principles and best practices at the facility with tasks ranging from process design, troubleshooting & optimization to implementation of best practices to the evaluation / implementation of new technologies.
The primary purpose of the position is to enable facility success by ensuring that plant process systems are designed, built, operated, and maintained at optimal levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Display a dedication to lead, develop and support safety and promote a safety culture. Promote continuous process safety improvement.
- Benchmark the location versus internal and external best available technologies and drive improvements.
- Manage and prioritize the Wave portfolio in cooperation with the Plant Manager or Focused improvement pillar and / or the Milling Technology CoE, where applicable.
- Develop and maintain a 5-year project portfolio to include capital budgeting, execution and to strike a balance between NDE and productivity / growth.
- Collaborate with the appropriate COE's to ensure alignment of technology.
- Explore, propose and / or champion new process technologies, equipment design improvements and equipment suppliers.
- Work within the Global Technology Center to standardize operations, share standard methodologies and implement new technologies.
- Assist plant operations in solving applicable technical problems.
- Support the facility in setting up goals.
- Work closely with company subject matter experts on the implementation of innovative approaches to plant operation and maintenance
Job Description (Con't)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Dedication to working safely and to the awareness for the safety of others.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of process unit operations. Some examples include grain handling, wheat cleaning & milling, product conveyance, dust control systems, packaging and / or bulk vessel loading, automation systems, and warehousing.
- Experience with optimization / analytical processes and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with plant colleagues, management team, and Milling Technology CoE.
- Working knowledge of common process drawings and documentation, such as P&IDs and control narratives.
- Desire to spend time in plant areas - tolerate extreme temperatures, walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through close spaces.
- Proven ability to work with plant colleagues to identify and solve problems
- Desire to work effectively on a team as well as independently while traveling to remote plant locations.
- Proven ability to manage capital projects successfully with the ability to drive solutions to their conclusion
- High level of motivation and results-oriented way of working
Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in the fields of Engineering, Milling Science, Production Manufacturing, Technology, Food Processing, or other related field, or applicable, related experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience with plant process systems at a production facility
- Desired experience in Engineering related field
Health and Safety
- Follow ADM health and safety standard and report all unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor
- Work in accordance with local / provincial legislation
If you love the challenge of this dynamic career, then ADM will support and encourage your professional development and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please advise us in advance so that we can make the reasonable accommodation.
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway.
We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you're the perfect fit.
For more information, please see our website www.adm.com.
Reference : 71845BR1 hour ago