We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE : AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come.
Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (ABL) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (ISG), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make a valuable difference in people’s lives.
We are positioned at the intersection of sustainability and technology. Our businesses develop technology that helps save our customers energy and reduce their carbon emissions.
We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management solutions, and location-aware applications.
Since 1987, Eureka, an Acuity Brands company, has been working relentlessly to enhance the environment of the end user with compelling lighting solutions.
Our passion for designing and manufacturing best-in-class, distinctive, specification grade decorative luminaires enable lighting designers, designers and architects to transform their concepts into reality.
Our multi-award-winning contemporary lighting products are available throughout North America. More information about Eureka is available at
The Design and Development team of Acuity Brands Specialty Lighting is looking for an industrial designer, interested in architectural products.
He must be creative and versatile in addition to possessing solid technical knowledge and an innate sense of design. The ideal candidate has a sense of organization and is a team player;
he is also proactive and resourceful. Be part of a team that has been rewarded for its creativity and dynamism in the world of lighting.
- 50% remote 50% at Montreal’s Design Hub
- Regular position with group insurance program
- Collective REER / RPDB with employer contribution
- Competitive base compensation
- Be part of a dynamic team within an internationally renowned and constantly evolving company
- Annual performance bonus
- Access to free parking / Interior bicycle racks
- Easily accessible by public transportation / Bike path
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Design architectural luminaires, from the first sketch to production
- Execute manufacturing, assembly and installation drawings
- Create models and prepare photometric studies
- Work with the ERP system and create nomenclatures (BOM)
- Follow up with suppliers and resolve production issues
- Collaborate on marketing and graphic design projects (depending on the candidate's skills)
Skills and Minimum Experience Required
- BAC in industrial design or equivalent
- Experience in lighting, architectural or technological product design (an asset)
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Keyshot
- French / English bilingualism (an asset)
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities : As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000.
Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property.
Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
This includes any Agency that is an approved / engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.22 hours ago