The Role Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
At Behaviour Interactive, we believe in giving everyone a fair shot. We embrace a diverse and creative environment where everyone is celebrated.
We value folks of all ages, sex, ethnicity, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil status, disability, or any other protected characteristics as per applicable law.
Basically, we respect and appreciate each other no matter who we are! If you have a disability and need some help accessing or using our website or application system, just reach out to us.
We want your interview experience to be top-notch, so if there's anything we can do to make it more comfortable and positive, let us know at the time of the application.
Behaviour is looking for a level designer to actively participate in the development of a new AAA IP. In this role, you will use your creative and technical skills, in collaboration with members of other disciplines, to shape the space and moment-to-moment experience on this cutting-edge product attached to an exciting brand, in development with a renown external partner.
This position is within our Montreal-based studio. In this role you will :
- Create grey block level layouts and place enemies, obstacles, props, rewards, and other interactive triggers as first pass level designs;
- Playtest and refine level layouts, and embrace feedback to ensure the desired experience is met;
- See through the evolution of your levels as they pass through other disciplines, and ensure the level design intentions are respected towards final delivery;
- Establish conventions for level sizes, boundaries, distances, paths, chokepoints, etc.;
- Implement scripted story sequences or events in levels when conditions are met;
- Create compelling camera work highlighting key moments within the experience;
- Provide time estimates as necessary;
- Contribute to and create design support documentation, as necessary.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of game industry experience as a level designer;
- Strong understanding of space, flow and pacing;
- Ability to write detailed design documents describing the above;
- Proficient with Unreal Engine and related tools;
- Experience with visual scripting and sequencing tools a plus;
- Ability and willingness to adapt to constant changes;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and / or in English. 1 hour ago