IT Observability Specialist
Intact Financial Corporation
Offre publiée le 2023-03-19
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best : helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts the best the industry has to offer.
You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for an IT Observability Specialist to join our growing team!
Intact Financial Corporation (IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada and a leading provider of specialty insurance in North America.
Constantly expanding at a global scale, the company requires sustained innovation, speed and flexibility from its IT sector.
Our success is associated with an increasingly complex technological landscape. The ability to effectively establish the state of core systems and services, prevent and resolve problems, assess performance and user experience across the IT ecosystem and up to the end user is both challenging and essential.
The Observability Center of Excellence plays a leading role in the enablement and achievement of this objective.
As Observability Specialist within the OCoE, you’ll be a key contributor to the Observability strategy at IFC and be responsible for the integration and evolution of the platform as well as the associated automation and service delivery.
You will enable and guide our IT teams in achieving observability. You will work in active collaboration with your teammates, management, the Product Owner, the technological experts and our partners across IT.
The Observability Center of Excellence is expanding and seeking experts to accelerate and drive transversal enablement of IT’s Observability solutions, practices and expertise.
What you'll do here :
- Work in the Observability Center of Excellence (OCoE) team in implementing and maintaining to deliver a comprehensive observability solution for on premises and cloud (AWS, Azure) applications and services.
- Work collaboratively with application support, developers, and database teams for application observability on-boarding.
- Automate system instrumentalization and configuration.
- Design and implement Self-Service models for Observability.
- Develop observability requirements working with various IT support and cloud ops teams.
- Deploy application monitoring profiles that meet requirements.
- Implement workflow and synthetic transaction monitoring and alerting.
- Help in defining key application performance metrics for proactive response to alerts.
- Establish protocols for proactive monitoring alerts.
- Plan and support to Install, configure monitoring agents and other monitoring components for on premises and cloud applications and services.
- Collaborate with projects and application support teams across the enterprise to identify opportunities and to provide inputs to address any monitoring gaps.
- Define, capture, analyze and build monitoring solutions as per system requirements.
- Conducts Incident reviews from monitoring perspective address any gaps in monitoring coverage.
- Prepare environment dashboards and report environment health and availability metrics.
- Support the observability platform and its underlying solutions.
- Ensure a leading awareness of the market trends and opportunities on the subject matter.
- Produce and review Architecture documentation.
- Define best practices framework and guidelines.
What you need :
- Solid expertise on the topic of IT Observability.
- Extensive experience with Application Performance Management, IT Infrastructure Monitoring and User Experience monitoring.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Requires enterprise application, systems, and network monitoring expertise for on premises and on cloud applications.
- Hands on with using Dynatrace, Elastic Search, Service Now in instrumenting application end to end with minimal supervision.
- Solid knowledge of AI-OPS, anomaly detection and event correlation solutions (Davis, Xpack, Optic, Vertica, ).
- Comfortable with scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with Open telemetry.
- Good knowledge on infrastructure protocols to gather element-level event data.
- Good knowledge of open source monitoring technologies like time-series DBs, metrics dashboards, real-time graphing, graph editors, ELK stack and Vector framework.
- Proficient with data lifecycles and aggregation, reporting and web dashboards.
- Proficient in ITIL event management and good basis in ITIL foundational concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools.
- Deep knowledge of observability and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team :
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.7 hours ago
Motion Capture Animator [Expression of Interest]
Merchandise Information Specialist
Senior IT Security Analyst
Chef Sécurité TI
Senior VFX Artist.
Gestionnaire de projet
Gestionnaire de projets
Analyste affaires - conseiller en solution d'affaires .
Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir ajouter un emploi aux favoris
Connexion ou Créez un compte