Il n'est plus possible de postuler
à cette offre d'emploi
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations.
Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
Curious about our challenges?
Much has been done, but it’s far from over. We are currently working to review our technological environment and our work processes to redefine ourselves and move to the next level and we’re aiming for world-class.
Think about efficient, highly scalable, and responsive infrastructures, think interoperability, think multiple languages, think security - where to start! GDPR, PIPEDA, SOC2, and so on - we work in healthcare, that's a given.
What to expect when joining the team
Reporting to the Director of Innovation, as Staff Developer, you will play a key, pivotal role within your product vertical.
You will act as a technological expert, innovator, and evangelist within your team, as well as with external stakeholders within the management team.
You will contribute to changing Petal’s technological future both by participating in strategic technological decisions and orientations, as well as by sharing your knowledge to level up your team’s experience.
Let’s talk stack
Our backend stack mainly consists of APIs within a Ruby on Rails application built on top of Redis, ElasticSearch, Sidekiq, Docker and MySQL .
This backend coordinates multiple different data streams and allows for complex healthcare ecosystems to be optimized and efficient.
Our frontend and mobile apps utilize modern frameworks such as Angular and React Native, RxJS, Redux, and Storybook . Quality being at the center of our principles, all of this code is tested using frameworks such as Jest as well as end-to-end testing libraries and services.
Finally, we strongly believe in a continuous delivery approach and have achieved a strong maturity in this regard, deploying code in production environments multiple times a day.
Your daily life
As Staff Developer, you will :
- Work closely with the Lead PO and Tech Leads to ensure the progress and proper planning of the deliverables of the teams in your product vertical;
- Solve complex problems, optimize the performance of vertical applications and infrastructures, guide architecture choices;
- Collaborate with the quality assurance and customer success departments as a technical representative on priority vertical issues;
- Accompany, advise and mentor the Tech Leads of your vertical;
- Ensure code quality and compliance with programming standards;
- Ensure the security of the product code within the vertical;
- Act as a technical representative of its vertical with the various communities of practice and other technical leaders to ensure knowledge sharing;
- Be a champion of innovation within the organization, through adoption of new technologies and proofs of concept;
- Collaborate horizontally with other tech leads and staff developers to elaborate best practices and help orientate the company’s tech strategy;
- Keep a permanent watch on technological developments;
- Be a champion of the application security within your products vertical;
- Participate in feature development (20% to 40% of your time).
So what are we looking for?
Are you an experienced and motivated developer, known for your great attitude, work ethic and both your hard and soft skills?
Are you recognized for your ability to lead technical architecture discussions and decision-marking? Are you motivated by the unique opportunity to serve a greater purpose in the Healthcare industry through innovative solutions enabled by people, data and technology?
The sky is the limit! If you have :
- 8+ years of experience in software development;
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems with many different data sources and business logic layers;
- Understanding of modern application development frameworks / libraries such as but not limited to Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, NestJS, GraphQL;
- Strong knowledge of security best practices in application development;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail;
- Solid understanding of mobile and web application development frameworks;
- Experience developing and deploying production ready code into the cloud and using cloud services (Azure a plus);
- A demonstrated ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines;
- A strong emotional IQ, empathy and an inclusive leadership style;
- An invested approach to developing the skills and abilities of your teammates and a demonstrated interest in sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written;
- A natural ease in explaining complex technical concepts to designers, other engineers and stakeholders;
- Intimate knowledge of Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, event driven and microservice architectures (strong asset).
Petal’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to.
Post-pandemic, Petal employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- C ompensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year ;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, from day 1;
- An annual wellness allowance of $250;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Leapsome™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.
Join us in our mission to empower healthcare innovators and improve healthcare differently.
Canada, Quebec, MontréalEngineering and Development
CV or resume *
Upload your CV or resume file
Upload a file or drag and drop hereWe accept PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG and PNG files.Personal information
Tell us something about yourself
Full name *Email address *Phone number *
PhotoUpload a file or drag and drop hereAccepted files : PNG and JPEG up to 50MB.Cover letter
Insert your cover letter here
Please fill in additional questions
How did you hear about this opportunity? *LinkedinIndeedGlassdoorJobilicoFacebookReferenceGoogle InstagramOtherAre you eligible to work in Canada?
YesNoWhat languages do you speak fluently?
Your application has been successfully submitted!
Other jobs15 hours ago
Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir ajouter un emploi aux favoris
Connexion ou Créez un compte