Distech Controls’ success and reputation are fueled by our world-class team of employees. We look for qualified individuals who are striving to succeed and that wish to actively contribute to our continued growth.
Distech Controls values its team members and offers them a modern, motivating work environment, and competitive salaries and benefits.
Who is Distech Controls?
Distech Controls is a Canadian-based company located in Brossard, on the South Shore of Montreal (QC), with a European headquarter in Brignais (Lyon), France.
We are proud to be part of the Acuity Brands family since 2015. Our mission is to connect people with intelligent building solutions for better health, better space, better efficiencies through our forward-thinking technologies and services.
Our passion for innovation, quality and sustainability guides our business on a daily basis, as we light the way to a brilliant, productive and connected world.
Why Work for Distech Controls?
- Innovative driven company
- Dynamic workplace
- Open minded company
- Fast-paced company
- Modern work environment designed for our employees Indoor and outdoor bistro areas, lounges, coffee stations
DCI - Distech Controls Inc. (North American headquarter)
- Continuous professional development program
- Extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurance and RRSP program
- 5 floating days and 3 weeks’ vacation from year one (accrual)
- Reward programs
- LEED-Certified building
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Situated near quartier Dix30
- On-site gym
- Daily fresh fruit
- Hot and cold beverages stations
- Accessible transportation services including OPUS card reader onsite
- Deep frozen meal prepared by culinary chefs
- Rewards program
What role with you play?
You will work as a software developer in the research & development team. You will actively participate in all phases of projects (from
requirements definition to product deployment) and work in collaboration with other teams (micro software, hardware and test). You
will be part of the constant innovation of Distech Controls to create and maintain the best products on the market.
You will be involved in innovative projects such as :
- Web / cloud application development
- Development of mobile application for building management
- Development of IoT solutions
- Development of products related to artificial intelligence
What will you do in this position?
- Develop fluid, mobile device friendly web / cloud applications using recent frameworks such as React.
- Conduct research and technology watch on web / cloud development
- Use your creativity to solve complex problems
- Work with source code management and project management tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Participate in the integration and continuous deployment of applications (CI / CD)
- Actively participate in the exploration and research phases of product design
- Actively participate in daily Scrums, sprint planning and review
- Collaborate closely with the different teams during the development and pre-release phases
- Play a proactive role in improving design methods, tools, processes and standards within the software team
- Participate in the code review process during development
What candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- Structured, methodical and organized in his work
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, leadership and initiative
- English and French read, written and spoken- ideally
- Experience with source code management tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (webapp, )
- Creativity in the development of user interfaces
- Ability to set up and follow project documentation
- Mastery of React
- Mastery of the C# language
- Experience in the development of unit tests
- Knowledge of ECMAScript
- Knowledge of relational database 6 hours ago