Are you a new grad (or soon-to-be new grad) from an engineering, computer science or applied science post-secondary program looking to launch your career with one of Canada’s leading technology companies?
Work alongside the best minds in the industry to envision and build state-of-the-art technologies at TELUS. We are powering everything from connected homes to smart cities.
If you’re passionate about technology and innovation, come join TELUS’ Graduate Technology Leadership Program (GTLP), a one-of-a-kind career development program focused on personal growth and technical development.
Being a part of the GTLP will give you exposure to a breadth of technology to grow your career as we build the next generation of leaders at TELUS.
Watch this video to learn about new grad life at TELUS through the vision of our Chief Technology Officer :
What will you get to work on?
As part of the GTLP, you will complete 9-month rotations across 2-3 different teams to help you develop technical expertise and leadership skills.
Rotations are designed to promote accelerated development, and you will focus on the following technology streams :
- Software-defined Networking (SDN) : Re-envision our large networks as virtualized, cloud-based software to foster sustainability and improve the customer experience
- Cybersecurity Solutions : Design, develop, and use cutting-edge cybersecurity and privacy solutions to protect Canadians from the full spectrum of online threats
- 5G and Wireless Networks : Advance Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network as we evolve to a hyper-connected 5G world
- Software Development : Design and develop the next generation of connected living solutions to improve our customers’ lives and deliver on our future friendly brand promise
- Future Friendly Technology Services : Deliver state-of-the-art, market-leading video and connected home solutions for our customers including smart security solutions
Rotation assignments will be based on your strengths and future career interests, combined with strategic business needs.
Check out our website to learn more about our streams :
Required Education & Experience :
- You must be a recent grad within one year of graduating or be expecting to graduate by August 2023 with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical degree
- Minimum 4-12 months of relevant professional work, internship or co-op experience in a technical environment
Required Skills & Abilities :
- Demonstrated leadership in the way you approach your work, as highlighted through your academic, volunteer / community and extracurricular activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative in your thinking
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- A deep sense of commitment towards making a difference for our customers
Locations and Perks :
- Positions are available in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal
- TELUS’ Work Styles program gives teams the flexibility, tools and support to work when and where they will be most effective whether that’s from an office location, from home or a hybrid of the two
- Gain new skills through completion of technical certifications and leadership training
- You will have mentors alongside you every step of the way to help support your goals and growth
- Opportunity to grow and develop into various leadership roles within the GTLP
- Full health, life, and dental benefits from day one
- Mental health is a priority for us. Generous benefit coverage to support your well-being
- Employee stock option plan and pension plan with generous company contributions
- Recharge and refuel with vacation and personal well-being days
- If you are an engineering graduate wanting to pursue a P. Eng accreditation, we will support you in this endeavor by giving you access to both formal training and experiential learning opportunities, as well as connections with industry experts
- As you complete the program, we will support you to move into a permanent team within TELUS
Recruitment Process :
- Application review (on a rolling basis)
- Completion of Predictive Index Assessment sent via email
- Completion of a video project
- Phone Interview (30 minutes)
- Panel Interview (1 hour)
- Background Check
Please note : Apply online at the TELUS Careers link below by Sunday February 5, 2023. Review of applications will be completed by Friday February 17, 2023 at which time you will receive an update on the status of your candidacy.
Additional information will be provided to those who are proceeding to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada.
Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses;
and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected.
Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.3 hours ago