About Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) works collaboratively with the provincial, territorial and Bermudian CPA bodies, as it represents the Canadian accounting profession, both nationally and internationally.
This collaboration allows the Canadian profession to champion best practices that benefit business and society, as well as prepare its members for an ever-evolving operating environment featuring unprecedented change.
Representing more than 220,000 members, CPA Canada is one of the largest national accounting bodies worldwide.
About the opportunity
As Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at CPA Canada, you will report directly to the CEO, and will lead both the Technology Operations and Cybersecurity practices.
This role will be accountable for providing the vision, oversight, and execution of the organization's technology and cyber security strategy to align with organizational strategic goals and modernization objectives.
This includes oversight and accountability for the operating model, resourcing, and required governance for all matters related to information technology and cyber security.
What you'll do
In this role, you will :
- Work with senior leadership team to develop the technical and cyber security aspects of CPA Canada’s strategy and roadmap to align with CPA Canada’s key priorities and mandates
- Communicate technology strategy and initiatives to a wide range of audiences : internally, Board of Directors (including committees), provincial, territorial and Bermudan bodies, and external audiences
- Develop, track, and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets, including monitoring KPIs to assess performance
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify, rationalize and roadmap new digital business models and capabilities and apply technology to support digital enablement
- Identify, compare, select, and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Provide thought leadership and knowledge of new technology trends and possible application within CPA Canada
- Create and manage timelines for the development and deployment of all technology services, digital transformation and cyber security initiatives
- Oversee data security, management, and governance
- Enable and grow team leadership skills in team building, coaching, engagement and inclusion
- Build out a multi-year Cyber Security roadmap. Work with the Senior Executive team and the board to support a plan to facilitate appropriate cyber investment to minimize our inherent cyber risks
- Accountable for CPA Canada's Cyber security maturity and compliance; develop, initiate and oversee appropriate and relevant initiatives to ensure continued confidentiality, integrity and availability of our digital assets
- Represent CPA Canada's Cyber security Office; Liaise with our provincial, territorial and Bermudan bodies in matters pertaining to cybersecurity, Cyber threat intelligence and incident management
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience :
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of strategic and inclusive leadership experience, with increasing levels of responsibility that demonstrate the technical and leadership qualities necessary for success in overseeing information technology and information security teams
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent progressive technology experience is required
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other related security certification or credentials is preferred
- Experience in leading digital business strategy, with deployment of high-priority digital transformation projects, CRM knowledge, with preferred experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Skilled in strategy development, complex project management, and identifying and executing solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to deliver complex concepts succinctly to Executive, C-Suite and Board of Director audiences
- Demonstrated effective experience leading cross-functional teams, external stakeholders including staff, and business organizations
- Contract and vendor negotiations and management expertise, including overseeing managed services
- Experience in development of sound operational processes in a small-to-medium organization, with a large member base and complex external stakeholder ecosystem
- Ability to create and manage an integrated information technology infrastructure; ability to evaluate and integrate current technology innovations into ongoing practices
- Strong skills in strategic planning, goal setting, processes development, budgeting and creating opportunities for professional development within teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technology stack in the context of mid-market or large product deployment.
- While CPA Canada supports a hybrid working environment, this role can be aligned to any of our CPA Canada Offices; Toronto, Burnaby, Ottawa or Montreal
What it's like to work here
CPA Canada is an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce and a commitment to health and wellness for its employees.
The organization offers a flexible and balanced environment that allows individuals to maximize professional and personal development.
CPA Canada employs approximately 400 people, with its headquarters in Toronto and regional offices in Burnaby, Ottawa and Montreal.
Our technology-enabled culture is designed to attract qualified people and enable them to do their best work. Employee perks include competitive salaries and pension, a comprehensive benefits package, professional development programs, flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home, regular social events and a highly successful employee volunteer program.
CPA Canada is dedicated to continual improvement and building a high-performing, innovative organization that creates value for members and other stakeholders.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by :
- Acting with Integrity
- Fostering Excellence
- Respecting Others
- Working Collaboratively
- Being Accountable
CPA Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, accessible environment, where each employee feels respected, valued and supported.
All qualified individuals may apply online. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please note this in your application.
We'll be happy to work with you to meet your needs.
Applications must be received prior to January 27, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.2 hours ago