Did you know that VIA Rail is carrying out ambitious projects to modernize its services and infrastructure? From our new ultramodern train fleet to ongoing improvement of our infrastructure and reservation system, we’re building the future of transportation in Canada.
Working for VIA Rail is being a part of a collective effort in sustainable mobility.
Reporting to the Director, Change Management, the Advisor, Change Management plays a key role in ensuring that the objectives of initiatives and projects are met by increasing employee adoption of changes and minimizing opposition to these.
As an employee of the center of expertise in change management you will play a key role in transformation projects. You will focus on the human aspect of the change brought about by the implementation of new technologies and new technological systems.
You will work in an operational environment with changes to business processes & procedures, IT systems, organization, culture, roles and responsibilities, and will be required to support employees.
You ensure rapid adoption by preparing a detailed change management strategy including mechanisms to reduce the impacts of the change.
If you have ever worked in a role where leading employees through change was a key part of your accomplishments within the following disciplines : Subject Matter Expert (SME), Communications, Training, Project Management, Process Management, Organizational Development (DO), Human Resources (HR) please apply, we believe you may have strong transferable skills which could make you an ideal candidate.
Analyze the current context, understand the structures and issues and use your expertise to mobilize the end users through best practices, techniques and tools specific to change management, including :
- Follow VIA's reference framework
- Work in close collaboration with HR Representatives
- Identify critical situations and recover them before they degenerate
- Develop a detailed change management strategy adapted to the target groups
- Adhere to the change management plan including communication, training, mobilization, transition, support and employee engagement
- Conduct an assessment with target groups on the capacity to adapt to changes. Requirements :
- Hold an undergraduate university degree in a field relevant to change management
- Have at least 6 years of experience in change management
- Hold a change management certification (an asset)
- Have experience on at least two (2) technology implementation projects or technological systems
- Have carried out change management practices in a unionized environment.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, in French and English
- Understand the approaches, tools, phases and methodologies in change management and project management
- Ability to work in an environment and in projects focused on technologies and operational processes
- Have analytical qualities and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others and move them towards a common vision and goal
- Possess a sense of initiative and leadership.
Why choose VIA Rail?
- Competitive salary and a generous compensation and benefits package;
- Flexible options for hybrid remote work;
- A close knit team of happy co workers;
- Numerous opportunities for career advancement;
- An environment that supports employee health and well being;
- A wide range of health and wellness benefits for employees and their families, including unlimited telemedicine service;
- To contribute to a sustainable transportation service connecting Canadian communities;
- First as an employer of choice and as the most trusted carrier among transportation companies in the 2022 Canadian Reputation study published by Leger.
- Learn more about VIA Rail : : / / corpo.viarail.ca / en / company
Join our 3,000 other employees in helping provide Canadians with a safe, accessible, environmentally sustainable way to travel!
Condition of Employment :
VIA Rail is committed to protecting the health and providing a safe environment for its employees and customers. VIA Rail has currently suspended its vaccination policy which requires that all members of its staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof as a condition of employment.
Please note that if the policy is reinstated in the future, employees will be required to comply.1 hour ago