Reporting to the Sr Director of Marketing & Communications, the Social Media Specialist manages the Birks Groups Inc social media platforms.
This role is responsible for managing, elevating and evolving owned social channels for Birks Groups brands, services, retail stores and ecommerce.
The ideal candidate is bold, thrives in a fast-pace environment and stays up to date on trends in digital marketing. The individual is responsible for developing the yearly social media strategy and will own the development of the always-on editorial content strategy for Birks Groups Inc social media channels (Maison Birks and Brinkhaus) creating original content that supports business needs and keeping a content calendar which reflects the marketing calendar activities.
The Social Media specialist is responsible for the strategy, operations, activation and analytics with the support of external and internal partners.
To ensure successful campaigns, the specialist is expected to build strong relationships and work closely with multiple cross-functional teams.
Role description and responsibilities :
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer segments, their needs and key drivers for engagement
- Develop yearly social media strategy, and when necessary, pivot the strategy to ensure content is reflective of relevant social media trends, current events and brand sentiment.
- Own the development of the always-on editorial content strategy of social media channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter, Linkedin and Google my Business), creating original content that supports business needs and keeping a content calendar, which reflects the marketing calendar activities for Maison Birks and Brinkhaus, multi-branded accounts.
- Support editorial content and calendar for Chinese Social Media accounts (WeChat, Weibo and Red Book) in collaboration with Chinese Marketing agency.
- Broaden Birks Group Inc brand's social media footprint via platform expansion. Lead projects as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to scope and execute projects. Communicate effectively with partners and stakeholders to outline plans, process, and results.
Work closely with internal teams including marketing, ecommerce, digital media, web, merchandising and other marketing teams to ensure proper alignment across paid, earned, shared and owned media.
Demonstrate strong project management skills including conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources;
managing across teams; managing milestones and objectives and being responsible for overall project, content or campaign success.
- Monitor the latest trends in social media marketing, including formats, channels, relevant influencers and KOLs and technologies in order to improve performance and provide recommendations.
- Understand and communicate basic design principles to in-house creative studio and / or creative partners to build compelling digital assets.
Create and curate shareable content, develop compelling, dynamic content that inspires and drives positive engagement, and increases brand loyalty.
- Program social posting leveraging Later, social programming platform for both Brinkhaus and Maison Birks channels.
- Proactively engage with influencers and opinion leaders to increase earned media activity through editorials, blogs, social platforms, etc.
Support partnerships and collaborations as needed.
- Oversee community management in collaboration with the internal customer service team and proactively manage online conversations by engaging with users.
- Set annual social media KPIs and objectives and closely monitor results. Report on key KPI’s of social media channels on a monthly basis including growth, engagement, reach, monthly wins and competitive analysis for both Maison Birks, Brinkhaus and Birks Jewellery channels.
- Leverage available tools and online reporting capabilities to report on program successes, developing clear competitive benchmarks.
- Collect and analyze platform insights for continued evolution of content strategies and optimal posting cadence.
- Prepare and present programs and metrics for various internal management and brand partners.
- Support the Sales Team with their social media activities including support and training.
- Support the marketing team with any other relevant tasks.
Our ideal candidate has
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a digital marketer in-house or at a media, marketing or advertising firms or agencies with focus on social media marketing
- University degree in Business, Marketing option or equivalent
- Experience developing and managing channel strategy and budgets
- Proven track-record in social media strategies and techniques
- Strong online and social copywriting experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Strong leadership skills and project management skills.
- Analytical and Strategic with in-depth knowledge of relevant social media KPIs and performance tracking
- Highly Innovative and creative
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bilingual Proficient in grammar, spelling, and punctuation in English and French Less than 1 hour ago