The position of Global Render Management’s mission is to provide a seamless render process and structure to all the shows produced within MPC Film.
This means, ensuring that all the shows are rendering as efficiently as possible, that the available infrastructure is used to its best and that the company remains within budget.
To deliver that, the GRM will work closely with production, finance, technology, software and GSA global system architecture, TRM, Creative operations and coordinate the Render Manager(s), as well as lead essential projects for continuous improvement.
The GRM will also act as the owner for anything related to render, as well as the final decision maker where required.
Highly organized and analytical; good initiative and decision-making; works effectively in a fast-paced environment, strong sense of urgency to get results
Able to influence the others towards change, mobilizes people to deliver internal projects, able to mediate interests across different departments and brands.
Honest and attentive; good listening skills; excellent presentation and written / verbal comms; good at and open to teaching others.
Likes to investigate; always interested on knowing how things work, curious about new tools (especially for automation) and management innovation.
Generic Responsibilities :
- Work with TRM, TOPS team & site HOD’s to implement clear render strategy across all sites.
- Unify render protocols across all sites (render split, render forecasting, escalations, budgeting, etc).
- Strategize the render allocation of all shows, according to the local resources available in all sites and potential cloud burst.
Example : Look ahead next 8 weeks and see what will render where.
- Evaluate immediate render demand and scenarios and get approval from Eps for financial impacts.
- Assess render demand for the medium / long term and anticipate solutions.
- Agile and clear communication of strategy consequences to the delivery teams
- Determine render efficiency criteria (KPIs) and monitor them along with Render Managers.
- Work with software to develop new tools to facilitate render (tracking, forecasting, etc).
- Work with the TRM to strategize efficient farm usage across all sites.
- Via the render managers, determine protocols and ensure communication with production accountants in relation to render budget assignments and monitoring.
- Along with Render Managers, run render readiness forum, tracking and chasing actions coming from other stakeholders : infrastructure, TRM, delivery teams, creative operations, etc.
- Along with Render Managers, ensure that training is in place for anything render related, and that all the crew has been covered with those trainings (especially on newcomers seasons).
- 10 years of experience
- Technical background from within VFX or related industry. Ex. : Computer Graphics, Animation
- Knowledge in rendering and render farm (how it works, how to manage it, etc)
- Experience in leading teams and guiding projects with multiple stakeholders
- Complimentary experience in production or management is a plus
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to talent thefocus.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and / or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state / provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.1 day ago