Permanent contract Montreal IT (Information Technology)
Montreal, Canada Permanent contract IT (Information Technology)
ABOUT THE JOB :
The Montreal Solutions Center (MSC), develop software solutions for major financial markets in the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Our solutions must be competitive to develop or consolidate our market share, launch new products, and seize opportunities.
Unlike other multinationals, we promote Agile culture internationally and, on a scale, rarely explored.
Within Societe Generale, you will join the pole Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), in charge of activities of financing and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities.
Our teams guarantee the quality and the reliability of transactions negotiated on all financial worldwide.
Technical stacks :
SQL - SQL Server PL-SQL Java Angular
What will be your DAY-TO-DAY?
In this context, you will be a part of the Montreal Team, you will oversee the following missions :
- Study, analyze and estimate user stories in the Equity Finance Trading System business domain.
- Drive toward tech / non-tech solutions, assess either tactical or strategic approaches, assess / provide costs, and timeframe of solution(s).
- Coordinating with business analysts and end users in understanding development needs and acquire signoffs.
- Develop code artifacts, deployment plans, technical upgrades in compliance with development standards.
- Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user signoff criteria. Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
- Participate in large software implementations covering quarterly upgrades and new functionality deployment
- Developing / Implementing internal user reports and extracts upon requests
Skills and Qualifications :
Must Have :
- Education and level of experience : University degree : Computer Science
- Ability to work with complex information systems
- Knowledge of the market finance universe (equity markets, interest rates, derivatives, etc.)
- Written and oral autonomy in English
- Sense of organization, methodical, analytical
- Communication skills
- French and English Fluent
Nice to Have :
Experience in corporate and investment banking or finance is a real asset.
OUR Benefits :
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY AT SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
Competitive compensation & benefits offering, including but not limited to :
Minimum of 20 Vacation days + 4 personal days Supportive Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave policy Health spending ($2,000 / year) and personal spending ($1,000 / year) accounts with 75+ eligible reimbursement categories (health, training, electronics etc.
Fully sponsored virtual healthcare assistance and Employee Assistance Program to you and your immediate family
- Various Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to engage with such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet, etc.
- A culture of continuous development by encouraging our employees various training programs (online training and coaching platform such as Coursera, GoFluent, Pluralsight, First Finance, and others)
OUR CULTURE :
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others.
We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas.
This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission : Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision :
- Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
- Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
- Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link ( : / / americas.societegenerale.com / en / societe-generale-about / diversity-and-inclusion / )
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT :
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols.
Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Reference : 230001L8 Entity : Montreal Solution Center 1 Starting date : 2023 / 03 / 31 Publication date : 2023 / 01 / 191 hour ago