Under the supervision of the Director, Grand Quay, the incumbent coordinates operations at the Grand Quay for the Port of Montreal Tower, the Port Centre (PC), and Port events, is responsible for planning, coordination, and administration for various activities, and ensures reliable support for day-to-day operations management and development at the Grand Quay and cruise terminals.
Key responsibilities in this position include coordinating day-to-day operations, collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring day-to-day administrative follow-up through the following tasks :
- Prepare Grand Quay requests both specific to the sector and for the entire site, as a front-line manager;
- Coordinate Port client or guest reception onsite and coordinate all activities specific to the sector;
- Coordinate and liaise between internal and external collaborators to organize activities (events, cruises, Port activities) and ensure necessary follow-up with internal stakeholders (electricians, computer technicians, property managers) and service providers (maintenance, security, snow removal, etc.);
- Communicate with and greet internal or external visitors;
- Plan and coordinate logistics tours with clients and suppliers;
- Maintain ongoing relationships with various departments within the Authority and with clients or organizations directly related to day-to-day operations;
- Participate in developing tools and promoting the Grand Quay;
- Prepare and draft approval requests, memos, and other administrative documents according to the needs of management, the executive committee, and the Board of Directors;
- Ensure tenant compliance with the terms and conditions of contractual rental agreements and MPA policy, and coordinate actions to be undertaken with operations, security management, fire prevention management, and other departments;
- Ensure follow-up on maintenance, snow removal, maintenance of Grand Quay exterior spaces and cruise terminals;
- Provide organizational and logistics support for Port events and meetings held at the Grand Quay or elsewhere;
- Support the Grand Quay team in activities related to sales, administration, and budget tracking.
- Coordinate daily operations for various activities in the assigned sector.
Key responsibilities specific to the sector of Tower operations, Port Centre and events :
- Provide support for operations management and development for Grand Quay Tower and PC activities;
- Coordinate Tower and PC external reception staff, including schedules and training;
- Ensure product quality at the Tower and PC, including customer service, complaints management, and follow-up on technical issues or repairs;
- Manage cash registers, cash, deposits, and follow-up with accounting;
- Assist in booking BtoB groups, and solicit clients in specified markets;
- Prepare reports on sales, customer satisfaction, and traffic;
- Collaborate with external resources to ensure cleanliness and security at the Tower and PC;
- Provide organizational and logistics support for Port events or meetings held at the Grand Quay or elsewhere;
- Help set up and follow up on regularly scheduled Grand Quay programming or entertainment.
- Degree in project management, administration, or a related field an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in recreational tourism, museums, or events;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in French and English;
- Proficiency in the Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Above-average skills in time management, tact, and diplomatic interaction with various internal and external clients;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently on multiple files within strict deadlines.
- This position involves a certain amount of physical effort (walking).
- Essential : ability to work with the typically flexible schedule of recreational tourism and events (daytime, evenings, nights and weekends).
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
- Wednesday to Sunday in the off-season (October to April).
- Monday to Friday in the high season (May to September inclusive), or Wednesday to Sunday in certain summer periods. 2 hours ago