Why join us?
- You want to be part of the new DON’T NOD Montreal narrative game, led by key members of the team behind Life is Strange, and bring your talent to the project;
- You want to join a diverse and committed team, both in its culture and in the content of the games it creates;
- You're looking for an environment where you'll be able to interact with all the teams in a simple and efficient manner;
- You'd like to put your sound design skills at the service of an original and sensitive experience based on its characters.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Montreal studio’s Audio Lead, your role will be to record, design, and edit sound effects and implement them in Wwise and Unreal.
Your mission will be to :
- Conceptualize, record, create, and integrate outstanding interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and Unreal;
- Design simple interactive audio systems;
- Work with the Audio Lead to help define and design the details of the project’s audio direction;
- Support the Audio Lead in managing and maintaining the Wwise project and other audio systems;
- Playtest regularly, seeking and providing audio feedback to ensure final quality and flow;
- Troubleshoot and help find and fix audio bugs.
The must-have skills we're looking for
- At least 1-2 years of game audio experience, 3 years of sound design or music experience;
- At least 1 shipped game;
- Knowledge and comfort with modern sound design creation techniques, processing and standards;
- Strong proficiency with Wwise;
- Skilled knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as plug-ins;
- Experience working in game engines, such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary game engines;
- Foley and SFX recording and editing experience;
- Able to manage time well and work independently;
- Comfortable with audio recording equipment;
- A good ear for both details and the big picture .
What would set you apart?
- Degree or diploma in sound design, audio engineering, music, or similar;
- Understanding of opportunities and challenges in interactive game audio;
- Experience with linear narrative sound design in games or linear visual media;
- Community involvement : volunteering, personal game or audio projects, blogs, YouTube tutorials or other audio or game community contributions;
- Unreal proficiency;
- Working knowledge of Perforce and JIRA;
- Music editing experience / interactive music experience;
- Technical experience troubleshooting computers, hardware, and signal flow;
- Passion for game design, mechanics and game development;
- Experience and / or knowledge in building custom tools, plugins, samplers, and / or instruments;
- Experience in room acoustics and / or soundroom treatments;
- Experience building Reaper or equivalent workflow scripts;
- Any other audio specialization areas.
At DON’T NOD Montreal, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity within our games as well as our teams. We commit to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our hiring process.
We are respectful of the principles of equal employment opportunities, and that is why we encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, visible minorities, as well as any other person who can contribute to the diversity of our studio to apply for our positions.
We build close-knit teams to encourage a fulfilling work environment for all our employees.
Our teams enjoy a range of benefits, including flexibility, a generous holiday bank, time off, training and career development support, and a personalized Lifestyle spending account.
Additional perks include :
- The possibility of working anywhere in Quebec;
- Insurance and virtual healthcare coverage as of Day 1;
- Partial refund of transport fees (OPUS, BIXI and parking);
- Access to gym and fitness classes as well as a multi-sports field in summer which turns into an ice rink in winter;
- Referral bonus that goes the extra mile;
- RRSPs with the employer's contribution. 1 hour ago