We are looking for interns who wants to start a career and grow within a software development team within our R&D department.
Your mandate :
Our Research and Development department is looking for talented, motivated and creative software development interns to lend a hand.
In this position within on of our Application teams, you will have the pleasure of participating in challenging projects with tangible impacts in the healthcare sectors, where our solutions are used from warehouse to to the operating room, and distribution, where our solutions allow independent companies to compete with the giants of their industry and thus maintain their independence.
You will be part of a Scrum team that emphasizes continuous improvement of practices and teamwork. You will mainly work with java and relational databases.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to learn from experienced developers for whom working as a team while having fun is a priority.
Your responsibilities :
- Backend development according to industry best practices (of course we will be there to support you!).
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are met.
- Employ test-driven development (TDD) techniques.
- Design and develop automated tests for new features.
- Perform code reviews on the work of your peers.
- Participate in team scrum meetings : planning, analysis and retrospectives.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities :
- Good knowledge of Java and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Good knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Experience developing applications using Java EE, whether for a co-op project, partime job, or school project.
- Logical approach, organized, with good interpersonal skills and able to work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Complete college studies in computer science or computer engineering, in order to embark on a professional career in a stimulating environment.
- Live un the greater Montreal area.
Knowledge of the following technologies would give you an edge :
- IDE and version control systems (Eclipse, Git, Maven, etc.).
- Junit, Selenium.
- Services et architecture REST.
- Outils d’intégration et de déploiement continues tels que Jenkins, GitLab CI.