SSENSE (pronounced es-uhns ) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce.
Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views.
Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Associate Manager of Japanese Content, the Japanese Translator is responsible for the translation of our product descriptions.
He / She will work within the Content & Localization Team and ensure that all Japanese product descriptions are consistent with SSENSE guidelines and quality standards.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent Japanese writing skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a keen interest in fashion.
- Translate product descriptions and designer biographies from English to Japanese in conformity with SSENSE guidelines
- Maintain and update the terminology database, ensuring the data is correct and reliable
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators for quality and accuracy of translations
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation, Japanese, Linguistics, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in English-Japanese translation, ideally in a fashion, luxury or e-commerce environment
- Mastery of Japanese grammar, spelling and usage including the ability to craft culturally-sensitive texts
- Strong command of fashion terminology
- Detail-oriented with a keen sensibility and knowledge of fashion, retail and pop culture
- Strong research skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines Less than 1 hour ago