Directeur, Services de la vérification interne, Stratégies & Opérations
Offre publiée le 2023-01-17
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best : helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts the best the industry has to offer.
You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
Join Internal Audit as a Strategy & Operations Manager!
We believe that great people are the key to our function’s success, and that in order to build a best-in-class, future proof function we need a diverse range of academic backgrounds, skillsets and thinking.
Therefore, we are always on the lookout for incredibly talented people to join our function! At the moment we are particularly looking for a Strategy & Operations (S&O) Manager to join our Internal Audit (IA) team in Canada .
What will your role & responsibilities be?
In this role you will be a key member of the S&O team that plays a central role across the Internal Audit Function , and work in close co-operation with the Head of S&O and the wider IA Leadership Team.
Across our group-wide IA function, you will be responsible for :
- Supporting the implementation of the IA strategy, framework, and operational processes , in close co-operation with the Head of S&O and wider IA Leadership Team.
- Driving Group and Regional Audit Committees (AC) reporting , and the group-wide risk-based audit planning process .
- Ensuring the IA audit methodology and templates continue to be leading in the market and are properly embedded in the function (e.
g., by delivering training to new joiners).
- Leaning processes; enabling innovative solutions; and sharing knowledge and best practice IA approaches, processes, tools, and techniques.
- Ensuring full compliance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements.
- Driving learning and development in IA through quarterly group-wide learning days; audit methodology training; and skills & capability analysis of function.
What does it take to thrive in our team?
For this role you will need to be able to : be a connector and influence others; be engaging, energetic and an excellent communicator as you will be collaborating with people from various levels, locations, and backgrounds;
prioritise and multi-task ; drive continuous improvement ; and make change happen .
Further, our people generally share the qualities below :
- Have excellent academic credentials ; and have shown strong progression throughout their career.
- Produce high quality deliverables ; stay focused when they need to deliver; and are able to see the big picture while at the same time identifying key details.
- Are hierarchy agnostic and like to get to the bottom of things ; and do not mind asking probing questions if it helps to achieve the right outcome.
- Take ownership ; volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked; and are comfortable being challenged.
- Work well independently and in teams ; love upskilling themselves; and are able to adapt and think on their feet in a fast-changing environment.
- Communicate comfortably in person and in writing ; navigate through the politics of business; are able to understand different perspectives;
and build strong stakeholder relationships.
What are the academic and professional requirements needed for this role?
- Degree and professional qualification in a relevant field
- Experience in the field of (internal) audit, risk and / or governance
- Experience in a complex international organisation, with a multitude of cultures
- Experience within Insurance or within Financial Services. Either directly or through a leading consulting firm
Are you up for the challenge?
If this is the kind of environment you would thrive in, please apply now!
Other : Location
We are flexible regarding where this position will be based. Our Canadian teams are based in Montreal and Toronto. If you are based outside of these locations, occasional travel to these locations may be required.
Flexible Work Arrangements
We are proud to support a hybrid working environment, which can be adapted to your personal preferences and gives everyone the best of both worlds.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus.
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team :
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.Less than 1 hour ago