Senior System Administrator
Aversan Inc. () is a reputable Engineering Company that provides expertise in System Integration, Product Design / Development and Software / Product Testing for highly regulated industries including Digital Health, Medical Devices, IT and Aerospace.
We are currently seeking a qualified Senior System Administrator to work with our client, a global blue-chip company in the Aerospace industry.
The individual will be part of the IT infrastructure team responsible for proactively testing and tuning all aspects of the infrastructure and responding to system notifications and alerts and continually working to optimize and improve the performance, security, and reliability of the client’s systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of highly motivated and highly technical work environment that feeds off the collective energy of a team-oriented workplace.
Location : Montreal, QC (Hybrid)
Knowledge and Experience Requirement
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Azure, VMware infrastructures
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019, Linux RedHat 6 / 7 / 8, CentOS Installation and configuration
- Knowledge of applying Microsoft windows patches, security controls, application integration
- Hands on experience with Active Directory & Domain Controllers, Disaster Recovery, Troubleshooting Fiber channel & ISCSI networks
- Knowledge of scripting technologies -PowerShell and / or VBScript
- Experience in Microsoft windows Clustering and able to support during various security vulnerability remediations
- Extensive experience of supporting / managing hypervisor-based products / infrastructure (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience in VMware high availability architecture design and implementation
- Knowledge of VEEAM Backup software
- Experience in tools installations across windows systems and Linux OS flavors, like SIEM Integration Fire Eye installation , Service Now change management.
- Working understanding of project management best practices
- Working knowledge / understanding of network engineering components / systems.
- Desirable to understand storage interactions with servers, knowledge and hands-on experience supporting VXRAIL, Fiber Channel & ISCSI networks, Dell Data Domain, Linux OS understanding
- Over 5 years of experience as a System Administrator in a large environment
- Educational Qualification : Degree or Diploma in computer science or Information Science
- Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MCSE, MCTS
- Linux certifications such as RHSA
- VMware certifications such as VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCDX
- ITIL Foundations certification 5 hours ago