RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre.
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University.
The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
We are seeking to appoint a Clinical Trial Monitor to provide monitoring, operational, and administrative support for a large international study based at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC).
The Staphylococcus aureus Network Adaptive Platform (SNAP) trial aims to determine the best combination of treatment options for patients with golden staph bloodstream infections.
SNAP will recruit patients from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Israel, and the United Kingdom.
The Clinical Trial Monitor will form a key part of the trial management group in Canada, supporting the expanding research, collaborative, and administrative activities during the trial.
The Clinical Trial Monitor will support the SNAP Clinical Trial Manager for Canada to ensure that the trial is managed in line with the sponsorship requirements and regulation.
The Clinical Trial Monitor will be the first point of contact for researchers requiring monitoring support and will assist with reporting requirements, arrangement of monitoring visits, project documentation, and other collaborative and administrative tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of GCP compliance and the national guidelines for the conduct of clinical trials and will have demonstrated experience in monitoring large clinical studies.
The Clinical Trial Monitor will report directly to Dr. Matthew Cheng, Dr. Todd Lee, and the SNAP Clinical Trial Manager for Canada.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study : in science, health science, biomedical science or nursing or in progress towards and relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training.
Work Experience : Experience of clinical trial monitoring and an understanding of trial regulatory related issues.
Other requirements :
- Excellent English competency, spoken and written,
- Good French competency, spoken and written,
- Ability to work independently or with teams with minimum supervision,
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial regulations and related compliance systems,
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work with a high level of attention to detail in relation to monitoring, preparation of documentation, compliance, and reporting requirements,
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to support group interaction, including preparation of monitoring reports, plans, and organization of meetings with site staff,
- Ability to offer advice and support on trial monitoring,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook),
- Ability to adapt to evolving project demands and demonstrate flexibility of approach to achieve objectives,
- GCP certification (or the commitment to obtain it prior to beginning in the position), 1 hour ago