You’ll be working with McKinsey Implementation - a rapidly growing capability for our firm - in one of our offices in North America.
As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
Procurement is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations unlock growth through product and cost transformations, with an emphasis on sustainability, customer experience, and the latest digital and analytical solutions.
You will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey’s thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm.
Examples of the type of work associated with this role could include driving strategic sourcing to capture value, defining new operating model by optimizing source-to-pay processes through digitally-enabled procurement transformation programs, designing new organizational structure and reporting relationships, developing future-focused capabilities and mindsets, and / or instituting rigorous governance and performance-management methods.
You will help clients to build their capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Right from the start of a project, you'll be on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. You'll engage at a deep level across our clients’ businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of global purchasing experience for a large organization
- Experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies and history of leading sustainable high impact sourcing approaches
- Expertise in basic materials, chemicals, health care, high tech, oil & gas, or pharmaceuticals is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and / or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days a week) 1 hour ago