Reporting to the Product Development Manager ECAN, the Product & Solution Technical Sales Representative (PSTS) will be responsible for executing and supporting strategies to grow & develop our value offer, maintain processes underneath the governance of the department, participate in business results analyses and contribute to the strategy development plan.
The PTST will be responsible for new ready mix products and solution ideation and discovery, in particular, in the area of Digital services and sustainable offerings.
The PSTS will promote RMX Specialty Brand Portfolio, supervise the VAP Specialists and works closely with Sales, Operations and QC to ensure best practices apply, performance is achieved to maintain product integrity and find opportunities for growth and cost saving.
Health and Safety :
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Assist in the implementation and compliance of Lafarge Safety Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
Operations and Quality Control
- Interacts with key suppliers for specific product (admixtures, fibers, colors, specific equipment, complementary products, colored aggregates merchants etc ).
- Ensure that the supply chain for specific products is properly implemented and optimized.
- Supports QC Managers and Technical Performance team to ensure product quality specifications are formalized and tracks the specialty products performances.
- Works with QC team to define the quality resources needed on specific job sites.
- Work with the Technical performance of the area to ensure that VAPs best practices are consistently implemented in the region
- Acts as an advisor for the Sales teams in developing and recognizing innovative sales opportunity and upselling.
- With the Sales managers and sales representatives, defines the products and offerings for the market areas.
- Works with the market areas (Sales Managers, VAP reps) to develop & track sales strategies for innovative solution & products to meet EBITDA targets (%VAP, IMOMD, sales growth)
- Technical support with customers, engineers and architects where VAP and branded products are specified.
- Maintain and coordinate the execution of our Sales Policies & Process and contribute to lead completion of internal / external audit recommendation
- Promoting the use of our innovative products, digital solutions, and services and providing technical input for marketing material.
- Leads and supports VAP Specialists to organize product demonstrations coordinate training sessions and promote customer product trials.
- Meet with Engineers, Architects, Contractors, and related industry associations to educate, specify and increase awareness of the innovative products, digital solution, services and project offerings.
Development & New products
- Actively identify needs for developments and new products opportunities, including North America and ECAN Digital product & Service initiatives.
- Support Marketing and Sales strategies for new product development by participating to Regional lab programs establishment and supporting commercialization efforts of new products.
- Builds partnership with potential co-development partners (i.e. engineering consultants, contractors, developers etc.)
- Collect and formalize job sites / business cases experience for continuous improvement of the VAPs portfolio
- Participate in maintaining project management documents : business plan, planning, action plans
Mentoring and Training
- Develop a training program for the sales force on new products and value added sales & strategy as well as the implementation of commercialized products.
- Support VAP individual personal development planning
- Identify marketing needs such as developing documents for sale reps and Technical Sales Specialists (cheat sheets, reference lists, job site pictures)
Relationships with Others Jobs :
- Reports to the Product Development Manager RMX Eastern Canada
- Works closely with area Sales Managers, VAP, Sales Representatives & Sales Coordinators
- Coordinate with ECAN QC Team, Local QC Team and Operation
Specific Accountabilities :
- Safety Performance objective is Zero
- Responsible to achieve targeted KPI’s and Business metrics such as % of new products and % EBIT from new / VAP
- Support, execute and achieve target of product launch or growth of our sustainability range
- Internal and external customer satisfaction
- Help develop, standardize and implement processes and Plans for ECAN technical and value added Sales
- Collaborate with VAP Specialists (1)
- Collaborate in the development and strategy of ECAN RMX Sales to ensure sustainable growth to meet long term Strategy & Vision.
Education & Work Experience :
- A University diploma in Business, Engineering or others is required.
- Minimum of 2 years in sales and / or marketing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead / develop people, direct and non-direct reporting responsibility.
- Bilingual French and English
- Technical background and knowledge of Lafarge Value Branded Product an asset.
- Proven performance of Sales of Value added product, Product specification and positioning in the construction industry Architect and Engineer an asset.
- Experience in construction operations principal would be an asset.
- Well organized, able to demonstrate a history of strong organizational skill, analytical and problem solving abilities, with good attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Available to travel within Eastern Canada 30%
Knowledge & Skills :
- Strong written and verbal language skills in English & French
- Excellent leadership & coaching skills - must be able to motivate others and provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
- Must be flexible and balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Possess a general knowledge of construction and A&C products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Job-Specific Competency Profile :
- Planning and control
- Strategic Agility
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Innovation Management
- Problem Solving & Resourceful
Foundational Competency Profile :
- Safety leader
- Sets clear and ambitious target
- Leading change
- Inspirational & Credibility
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
- Priority Setting Less than 1 hour ago