The Cancer Information Team is currently looking for a strong French Translator to be based remotely who will be responsible for translating updates as well as new web content, documents and video captions for the Canadian Cancer Society.
The French Translator should have a natural understanding of French, a good grasp of grammar, and a strong working knowledge of localization processes and tools.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING :
- Translate and adapt cancer information primarily from English to French, adhering to CCS standards and plain language best practices and ensuring it is suitable and relevant for francophone audiences in Canada.
- Perform necessary research to support translation and adaptation work.
- Proof content in their final formats (PDF, web banners, emails, online tools, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with writers, editors and other translators and implement feedback.
- Contribute to various projects, including terminology projects and French style guidelines for CCS.
- Act as additional reviewer as needed for quality assurance.
- Advise on other initiatives and attend project meetings as needed, mostly conducted in English.
- Actively contribute to our culture of justice, belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion by ensuring that all staff feel represented and heard regardless of their gender, age, religion, ethnicity, and nationality or race.
- Fluency in French and in English, both spoken and written.
- Familiarity with translating health information and terminology.
- Knowledge of the translation process, terminology and localization techniques.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Sense of initiative and ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that promotes teamwork.
- Translation certificate is an asset.
- OTTIAQ membership is an asset. 1 hour ago