Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a senior-career Industrial Technology Advisor (ITA) to support the NRC Industrial Assistance Research Program (NRC IRAP).
The ITA would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
Regarded worldwide as one of the best programs of its kind, IRAP is Canada’s premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
We are looking for a seasoned industry professional who is absolutely enthusiastic about helping innovative Canadian companies grow and prosper.
We need people who see the potential in a business and are driven to nurture it to the next level. We are increasing our staff across the country and our clients need engaged professionals to provide innovative advisory services to help them grow.
We are focused on results and we aren’t afraid of risk all in an effort to add positive impact to the Canadian economy.
Why Work With Us?
ITAs are self-directed and work in teams with company leaders helping their firms grow through the commercialization of innovation.
They find the work very rewarding with a wide range of benefits, professional development and learn from clients and colleagues every day in a well-balanced work-life environment.
ITAs serve as trusted advisors and mentors to these SMEs, helping them navigate technical or business hurdles, providing important linkages and identifying new opportunities and thereby playing a part in their evolution, growth and success.
This is what truly sets NRC IRAP apart it is part of what we call the ITA advantage. It’s a winning model we have been using to accelerate business growth and thereby creating wealth for Canadians.
In addition, we offer :
- Flexibility : work / life balance.
- A collaborative environment : at NRC IRAP, your ideas are listened to, respected and important.
- A rewarding career : we offer the opportunity to provide value to Canadian companies and have a positive impact on the Canadian economy at large.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates :
Post-secondary degree in Science or Engineering in a discipline related to the position from a recognized university.
A combination of a post-secondary degree in another field with significant work experience relevant to the position will be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with a complementary degree or diploma in business, management, administration, finance or marketing.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Recent and extensive industrial business experience as an entrepreneur or senior manager in one or more of the following technological domains : Food Engineering Food Science and technology Food / agro-environmental engineering Agronomy-plant production
- Recent and extensive private sector experience in developing and commercializing innovative products or services, with demonstrable outcomes.
- Experience in international business development and / or intellectual property management would be considered an asset.
- Recent and extensive industrial business experience as an entrepreneur or senior manager in an SMEs would be considered an asset.
- Recent is defined as within the last 3 years.
Condition of Employment
- Reliability Status
- Must be able to travel locally, nationally and / or internationally.
- A valid driver's license and access to the use of a vehicle are required.
Bilingual Imperative CCC / CCC
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria :
- Basic knowledge of NRC-IRAP's mandate, mission and business model.
- Solid knowledge of SME business management, marketing of technology and productivity increase.
- Solid knowledge of developing, adopting and adapting technologies.
- Solid knowledge of project management.
- Advanced knowledge of technology, innovation and commercialization issues and trends within the sector / or region relating to the position.
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 3)
- Management services - Networking (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Client focus (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Results orientation (Level 3)
- Technology extension - Teamwork (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profiles Management Services; Technology Extension
View all competency profiles
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
The intent of this hiring action is to staff this position at the RCO-4 level, which is a senior-career level position with a salary range of $126,501 to $148,657.
As a guide, our Industrial Technology Advisors are often placed between the increments of $126,501 to $138,927 on that salary range.
NOTE : Please note that the full RO / RCO salary scale has five levels. Salary determination will be based on a review of the candidate’s expertise, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience relative to the requirements of the level.
As such, the initial salary could be within another level of the RCO salary scale ().
In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (16422) to : E-mail : Telephone : 343-575-9808 Closing Date : 11 March 2023 - 23 : 59 Eastern Time For more information on career tools and other resources, check out Career tools and resources *If you are currently a term or continuing employee at NRC, please apply through the SuccessFactors Careersmodule from your NRC computer.Less than 1 hour ago