Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business demands
We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
We listen actively and value each other
We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
The DevOps Engineer is an integral member of our EverMerge Engineering team. In this role, you’ll scale our CI / CD pipeline to handle dozens of releases a day, and continuously improve the jobs in our pipeline, optimizing for speed, observability, and reliability.
Your pipeline and consistent, dependable release process will empower our talented developers to continue to expand our mobile portfolio across millions of users.
This role has the unique opportunity to partner with our global team and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
The ideal candidate is versatile and has a broad range of build pipeline, pipeline as code, and bash / python scripting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever growing industry then we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams to integrate new build and deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements
- Build, configure, and maintain the CI / CD pipelines for our games and services on Jenkins and TeamCity
- Design and implement tools and processes to build and deploy software releases
- Support CI / CD tools integration, operations, change management, and maintenance
- Maintain the continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments
- Manage and document deployment processes and automation
- Assist in IT needs such as user provisioning and deprovisioning
What We're Looking For
- Computer Science, and / or Math degree from an accredited college / university
- 1+ years of Software Development or DevOps experience
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Basic understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (GCP Knowledge a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL and / or other languages in similar environments
- Expert level knowledge of Jenkins, GitHub Actions or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming concepts Bonus Points
- Experience with UNITY development processes
- Knowledge of Google Deployment Manager, Kubernetes
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Docker Compose, Rocket, LXC, etc. is a plus)
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment : Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More : Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Work-Life : Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
Wellbeing : Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24 / 7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care : 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow : LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun : Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities1 hour ago