Posted today Competition Number : A47D237C55 #
The position can be fully remote within the Province of Quebec
candidates must have a valid work permit for the Province of Quebec
People first, the rest will follow
At OneOcean, it is our belief that those who are the closest to problems are best suited to resolve them, so we make sure everyone has the decision-making power they need to make things happen.
Ownership of our products and processes is every teammate's responsibility.
We believe that the role of management is to bring everyone to the next level, not by excess of control and micromanagement, but by trusting them to do what's right.
We foster growth by ensuring a safe work environment, where setbacks and mistakes are a crucial part of the learning process as well as success.
The progress and evolution of our employees are our strength, we have good success stories to share within our team because anyone can shape their position if they want to.
Why are we looking for a Full-Stack JAVA developer in our teams?
We recently chose to rework our product line with state-of-the-art technologies to bring cloud native components, AI services, NoSQL databases, Infrastructure as Code and other techs in our products in order to provide future-proof solutions to our customers.
We look for forward-thinking and energetic people who have a can-do attitude. We want people who will thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and embrace the opportunity to be part of a company with ambitious growth and new product development plans.
Here is what your day-to-day in this role will look like :
- Help build and pilot the bridges between our new generation of products and our legacy tools.
- Participate in the Agile development cycle by deploying at high frequency
- Work closely with developers, architects, designers, data specialists, quality analysts and maritime experts
- Become an expert in the intricacies of the maritime world
- Develop internationally used products that scale quickly
With the technologies that you will use day by day :
- Azure-Backed Cloud-native infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, IaC, )
- Java based products with Java EE, JSF and EJB3
- Web-first products, PWA, Service workers
- Mapping Framework : Openlayers, Mapbox GL
- CI / CD with Azure DevOps and Git
- Database design / maintenance on PostgreSQL / PostGIS and MySQL
The person we would like to work with
Ownership : Getting things done, dedicated to building quality software as a team, sustainably. You care about the business impact of what you are building, and you prioritize projects accordingly.
You are not just going after cool stuff you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
Team player : Because we put a lot of trust in our experts, our ideal candidate will show very good communication skills.
Since no one at OneOcean needs permission to do their job, we expect that you can properly expose your ideas to your peers to gather their feedback.
In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
Creativity, curiosity, and initiative : We trust your creativity to do what is right to deliver quality products. You confidently start from scratch while being ready to pivot, change and adapt to keep relentless pace of innovation.
You are watching latest tech trends, and you are curious about other domains. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
What about us?
We have successfully completed a large merger and have become the leader in a tight maritime market. Now we want to act accordingly by reworking our product line, investing in long-term technology to provide our customers the best solutions.
We want to transform our field into a smarter, leaner maritime industry.
We are designing our new products generation using the latest innovative technologies with web applications and APIs deployed to more than 10,000 users worldwide.
We are structured in autonomous and Agile squads (multidisciplinary team) where the status quo is prohibited and in which everyone has a word in the organization, architecture, or design of the product.
If building our future generation of software, making life easier for ship owners, ship managers and crews and resolving navigation challenges to revolutionize the maritime world inspires you, send us your application!
- You have a mandatory experience in Java frameworks and platform (Java EE (an asset) or Quarkus, JSF, EJB3, PrimeFaces, JMS)
- You are proficient with database technologies like SQL (preference to Postgres and PostGIS)
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP, RESTful APIs and OOP
- You have experience in micro-services architecture.
- You have experience in DevOps practices.
- You are comfortable with at least one Cloud platform.
- You can work independently, are comfortable with technological exploration, questioning the status quo, and uncertainty.
- You have demonstrated technological leadership and ownership in a professional environment.
- Great oral and written communication skills in English
- Group insurance plan
- Regular team-building events and 2 to 3 engineering team-wide events a year so everyone can mingle, in real time. 1 day ago