The Senior Technical Product Manager (TPM) is responsible for translating vision and strategy for their product portfolio into
software solutions in partnership with product line managers, other technical product managers, user experience team and
development team. The Senior TPM works closely with customers to understand their needs, and test concepts and solutions.
They also engage with internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, implementation, training and support teams to gather customer insights and their own functional needs.
The Senior TPM brings the voice of customers and internal stakeholders to user
experience and development teams, and, in close partnership with them, get the solution ready.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively seeks detailed understanding of vision, and near-term and long-term priorities for the product portfolio they support, including target customer segment(s), focus areas for solution portfolio, success criteria and goals, etc.
- Facilitates customer interactions, in partnership with user experience team, to understand their unmet needs and test concepts and solutions throughout the development process
- Gathers functional and non-functional requirements from product line managers, customers and internal stakeholders, including, marketing, sales, implementation, training and support teams
- Translates functional and non-functional requirements into feature and user stories
- Represents the voice of customers and internal stakeholders to user experience and development teams throughout the solution development process
- Documents user acceptance criteria for all functional and non-functional requirements
- Presents and explains the feature and user stories to the development team throughout the development process in all forums associated with Agile process
- Facilitates quarterly development planning process (e.g., agile big room planning)
- Partners with the development team to strike the right balance of scope, schedule and resources to maximize progress towards their portfolio goals
- Plans for the year, to ensure that the development team will have the written technical features and stories on time and prioritize development of those appropriately along with other user stories for the upcoming five quarters
- Partners with program / project manager to develop detailed project plans and closely track performance against those plans;
convey progress, any deviations and impacts of those deviations to product line managers in a timely fashion
- Sets iteration themes and assign prioritized user stories from the product backlog to the Scrum teams; participate in team planning meetings, and provides advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each sprint
- Inspects, and accepts or rejects completed work for the development sprint, and ensures new functionality meets the acceptance criteria
- Ensures the product backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value
- In partnership with project / program manager, partners with other technical product managers to manage dependencies and sets priorities across multiple teams
- Develops and deepens subject matter expertise in relevant product domains, including features and functionality
- Socializes progress and seeks inputs throughout the development process from all stakeholders, including, product line managers, marketing, sales, implementation, training and support teams
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree preferred
Minimum 3 years of experience in product management for software products or 3 years internal Wolters Kluwer Tax and
Accounting software technical experience directly applicable to the relevant product portfolio
- Three or more years with Agile Scrum methodologies as a product owner / technical product manager preferred
- Three or more years in product management of B2B enterprise SaaS software products preferred
- Three or more years in one of these areas preferred 1) software solution development for Tax and accounting industry,
2) professional experience in CPA firm
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications :
Experience driving all aspects of the software development lifecycle with development teams - iteration themes, backlog
grooming, story mapping, user story creation and decomposition, retrospectives, etc.
- Experience participating in or leading the product design process with user experience team and product architects
- Experience leading customer interviews, concept testing and usability testing
- Time management and project management
- Proficiency in translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Defining acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional requirements
- Process orientation and data analysis
- Breaking down complex ideas into simple concepts
- Aligning deliverables with strategy and priority
- Focus on solutions and possibilities
- Nimble, quick to respond or adjust
- Disciplined professional who holds themselves and others accountable
- Meeting facilitation and presentation
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.1 hour ago