Role and Responsibilities
Launch your career with the Engineering and High Technology Ken Patrick rotation program! The Ken Patrick program is looking for applicants with strong technical and interpersonal skills to become tomorrow's leaders.
Description of the Ken Patrick Program
The mission of the Ken Patrick program is to build the next generation of world leaders for CAE. Over the course of two years, the best university graduates in engineering and computer science will accelerate their development as they rotate through four intensive, stimulating assignments, one in each CAE business unit.
Applicants will interact regularly with their peers and present their accomplishments to other Ken Patrick program participants and senior management.
The variety of assignments and challenges will allow participants to acquire a unique understanding of CAE's business units, services and roles, and provide opportunities, including :
- Expand their leadership skills and knowledge of CAE products.
- Develop a focus on innovation and problem solving.
- Receive regular coaching from a second-level manager.
- Be supported by the other applicants and program colleagues.
- Acquire a variety of technical skills.
- Diversify their work experience.
- Graduates of this program have the technical and management foundation to meet the challenges of a world leader in training and simulation.
Applicant Profile :
This intensive program is for new graduates with a Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering, preferably in one of the following fields :
Software, computer, electrical, Aerospace or mechanical engineering.
The ideal applicant would have the following qualifications :
- Excellent academic record.
- Strong ability to find multiple solutions to technical problems and ability to select the best solution for the specific circumstances of a project.
- Interest in implementing changes and taking on new challenges.
- Ability to acquire new skills and learn to understand new technologies.
- Leadership and initiative-taking abilities demonstrated through schoolwork and extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English & French).
- CAE employees must be able to meet the requirements of the Canada Controlled Goods Program (CGP), and in certain cases, ITAR requirements.
- Co-op or internship experience in a related field.
- Master's degree.
- Artificial Intelligence training.
Example Assignments / Experiences :
The Ken Patrick program gives applicants a variety of professional experiences to help them develop based on their needs and CAE's.
With the help of their coach, applicants are able to define the proportion of time they want to spend developing certain skills.
The assignments acquaint applicants with cutting-edge technologies and best practices in the industry :
- Object-oriented programming, C++, C#
- Web and cloud technologies
- Agile methodology
- CAD and mechanical / electrical design
- Continuous improvement ( lean, six sigma)
- Quality assurance, tests and integration
- Budget monitoring and project management
The success of the program is demonstrated by its graduates, who have gone on to hold prestigious positions in the organization.
The Ken Patrick program is an unparalleled opportunity to accelerate your career.
Apply now with your school transcript!
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.Less than 1 hour ago