POSITION : Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO : Regional Sales Director
DIVISION : MTD Outdoor
LOCATION : Home office - Montreal region
Our team at Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) embraces the critical importance of employment equity, diverse representation and inclusive work environments.
Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented , focused on change and share a unified passion for creating products, tools and solutions for those who make the world.
Wherever you go in our company, you’ll find uncompromised devotion to performance, innovation, customer satisfaction and social responsibility.
Now is your chance to become one of these people within our growing Fortune 200 Company. A role with us will give you a strong understanding of how a world class organization creates and implements different strategies across our various commercial brands for a positive outcome.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible to drive sales and achieve sales goals for assigned product categories within an assigned territory.
The BDM will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to dealer sites.
This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company.
Support the Mass Retail channel with product knowledge training and events as required.
Grow, develop and drive sales within the territory for assigned whole goods categories and parts. Develop growth plans for current dealers, forecast products by dealer, manage dealer inventory, communicate promotions, review programs, address and manage warranty concerns.
Maintain accurate sales information within the identified platform (SalesForce), including weekly call reports and as directed by your Manager
- Electronically scan dealers' inventory and collect for retailed units, reconcile parts and whole goods accounts, working consistently with the Credit department to ensure proper payment procedures are followed by customers
- Support the growth of Professional (PRO) products within assigned territories by actively recruiting PRO dealers, managing dealer relationships, participating in demos - open houses and communicating opportunities to the Professional National Sales Manager (PNSD) as directed
- Drive parts sales growth at IR dealers and MTD Service Dealers. Encourage all IR dealers to be MTD Service dealers, with the guarantee they will provide Mass consumers professional service to promote repeat purchases & long-term purchase opportunities of MTD products.
Responsible to appoint and manage MTD Service dealers
Attend and support Mass and IR customers at Open Houses, Demo Days, Test-Drives. Trade Shows, & special events at key times of the season.
Schedule PK Training as needed at select Mass Retailers. Possess the ability to demonstrate product, emphasizing product features and benefits.
Coordinate customer training for dealer and retail employees
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms and preparing sales contracts for dealers
- Visit Mass retail outlets seasonally and throughout the year as appropriate, providing feedback on products, including competitor activity, current retail pricing of MTD and competitive units, etc.
Quickly verify planograms, point of purchase materials, comment on the product on the floor. Build a professional rapport with Mass Store Product managers.
Ensure proper documentation, product & service, is easily accessible for the manager and store staff to accommodate consistent personnel turnover at these stores
Responsible for the purchase of Advertising Packages by IR Dealers. Set budgets by dealer and aid in the development of specific advertising plans with dealers.
Ensure dealers have adequate signage, encourage merchandising showroom (outside and inside) best practices to optimize drawing consumers to IR dealers.
Keep account literature current, accurate, and complete
Working with the Customer Service department, co-ordinate information to all dealers within the territory regarding availability of products, based on MTD's production, inventory, and delivery schedules.
Track stock levels - retailed and wholesale. Help move surplus MTD inventory, of all brands, within the assigned territory
- BA in Marketing, Communications or Business
- 5-7 years experience in a Business Development role ideally with Commercial Outdoor products selling to a Independent retail channel
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven time management skills and strong business acumen and relationship building skills
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business within our Fortune 200 company
- We offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Use of a company cell phone & laptop.
- Company Perks including Goodlife Fitness discounts, Employee product purchase, and many more!
LI-AC1Less than 1 hour ago