The role will be responsible for all aspects of Project Accounting for the Montreal studio; responsible for forecasting & tracking actual project costs, as well as providing financial support to all producers & other stakeholders in Global sites.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to :
Show / Production :
- Perform cost analysis of projects using existing toolset.
- Develop & improve existing toolsets to drive efficiencies & create better control processes around Revenue Recognition, Financial Forecasting & Project Financials.
- Support producers to;
o Prepared detailed cost estimates for the run of the projects & provide insight on opportunities & risks.
o Provide bidding & financial support. Report & analyze the profitability of bids. Quality check & approval
o Produce regular cost projection reports & analysis on all projects.
o In providing financial reconciliation of their additional costs.
o Calculate Film Tax Rebate implications because of moving work across different sites.
o Forecast & update project payment schedule changes.
- Provide analysis to MD, Executive Producers & other stakeholders on project profitability and opportunities & risks
- Build & maintain data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Report, forecast & analyze future revenues & cost projections for Montreal projects.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the production department.
Prepare & present the following reporting :
o Project P&Ls reviewed with Producers, presented to Finance Team & Executive Producers.
o Ensure project alignment between international studios.
o Cash Forecasting- Prepare & present bi-weekly
o Payroll reconciliation (bi-weekly) prepared / presented to other Production Accountants.
o Month end revenue recognition prepared & presented to finance team.
o Ensure revenue recognition process is followed to audit standards & provide audit with the relevant documentation.
o Variance Analysis perform analysis & commentary to finance team.
o Provide Direct / Indirect labor analysis & forecast for the Montreal facility.
o Perform tax incentive & eligible labor calculations as well as crew lists for Technicolor Tax Accountant for each project.
o Perform annual budget revenues & direct margin for the studio.
Required Skills :
- Possess a flair for numbers with an ability to think big-picture whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both financial & non-financial stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, written & verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive & self-driven with the capacity to work in a dynamic environment.
- A team player with ability to trouble-shoot & collaborate with business partners such as Production, Business Development, Workforce Planning & HR.
- High level of professionalism, integrity & commitment.
- Ability to manage their time & prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
Technical Knowledge / Skills :
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.).
- Ability to create & work in complex financial models.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Business / Commerce.
- Recognized professional accounting qualification.
- VFX industry knowledge is an advantage but not required.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to talent thefocus.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and / or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state / provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Less than 1 hour ago