We are looking for a Commerce Tools Architect who wants to be on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI's future business while keeping up the standard of being technology leaders in the industry.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes.
We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of.
This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Design and architect end-to-end commerce solutions leveraging Commerce Tools platform, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Work directly with customers, end users and development partners to define and assess application and technical requirements.
- Understand the current state of technology to define opportunities that create business value.
- Work with other architects to define the application and technical architecture structure to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as required by the customer.
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments.
- Lead the Commerce Tools team in technical design and implementation and ensure the end result fulfils the customer's requirements.
- Lead daily scrums and participate in task planned to support team leads.
- Develop architectural blueprints, design patterns, and best practices for commerce solutions, considering scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Produce the necessary technical documentation.
- Conduct code and design reviews
- Conduct unit testing on the developed components and conduct other tests in accordance with the methods and procedures established by the team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5+ years' experience in Commerce Tools architecture, systems integration and development, package.
- implementation, relational databases, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design.
- Successful track record of designing and supporting high-transaction / high-availability e-commerce systems
- Proficient in Spring Technology.
- Experience in Java, Object Oriented programming, and Multi-Threaded programming
- Hands-on customer facing management and technical delivery experience.
- Experience in full lifecycle software development processes and methods.
- Experience with mainstream e-Commerce platforms such as Salesforce, Adobe, SAP is nice to have.
- Web services (REST / SOAP) use and development.
- Testing tools such as JUnit and TestNG.
- Well-known design patterns.
- Apache Solr search (strong asset).
- Development tools such as Eclipse, Rational Team Concert (RTC), Sonar, PMD Rules, Checkstyle, Gradle, Maven, ANT, JIRA (asset).
- Scrum / Agile methodology (asset)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. 12 hours ago