About us :
Walter Interactive has been building web applications for 8 years. Over the years, it has delivered production systems to over 250 different clients.
Check our web site at : : / / walterinteractive.com /
This role is for the Walter Interactive team. As a Full Stack Developer, your mission will be to skillfully find solutions that fit our client's needs.
You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with clients & project managers, helping them seamlessly integrate their e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, with their internal systems.
Your expertise in creating custom applications and projects using PHP or React will be invaluable to our team. If you're an innovative thinker with aspirations to lead and inspire fellow developers, you could be the perfect fit for our collaborative puzzle!
You will also have the opportunity to work for the Glowtify product which Walter Interactive has been developing for two years.
Glowtify is an exciting Cloud-based application to help enterprises scale their e-commerce business. It provides guidance on how to grow and where to focus on improvements.
It connects directly to the customer’s Shopify stores and analytics sources to apply AI algorithms to their data. Through a simplified managed growth strategy, Glowtify users are provided with step-by-step roadmaps to success.
Glowtify runs in the Google Cloud. The application is built to scale to thousands of customers. Its front end is built in React.
You can try Glowtify here : : / / glowtify.com /
Daily activities :
You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software with an emphasis on frontend features. You will manage individual project priorities and deadlines.
You will participate in team design sessions and code reviews.
You will be involved with product owners, UX and other business partners to define the team backlog. Over time, you will exercise your initiative and leadership to improve the practice and team processes.
Required experience and skills :
- In-depth knowledge of PHP framework (Symfony2, Laravel, )
- 2 years of web application frontend development ideally using React or any similar framework like Angular or Vue.js
- 3 years of enterprise software development ideally in PHP or any similar language like C#, Java, or Python
- Ability to work in a fast pace agile startup environment
- Experience with Shopify, Adobe Commerce, or another modern e-commerce platform;
- Write high-quality clean code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Development of backend functionality ideally in Node.js. For example REST APIs, database access, or authentication.
French or English with minimum French understanding.
Would be nice experience and skills :
- BS or MS in computer science
- Talent for creating highly usable and pleasant-looking user interfaces
- Cloud application development ideally uses the Google Cloud Platform or AWS, Azure, etc.
- Google Cloud : Firebase authentication, Firestore, Cloud Run, Functions, Secrets Manager, and Storage
- Web application technologies : Next.js, Vite, Express, ESLint, Prettier, Yarn, Docker, and Google Analytics
- Software development life cycle (SDLC) and DevOps, especially continuous integration and delivery with automated builds and deployments
- Shopify application building or APIs usage
- Relational and NoSQL database modelling
- Automated testing : unit, component, and integration tests
- Mobile development
- Web application security
Additional role information :
- Up to 10% bonus
- Three weeks of vacation + 1 week during the Holidays. Spacious office near downtown Montréal
- Corporate social activities
Candidacy hints :
If you have public accomplishments or open-source contributions that can be accessed over the internet, please provide links to them.
You will be asked to write a small amount of code in the language of your choice during the interview process.
The ability to learn is the greatest skill.11 days ago