Seeing beyond numbers
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive.
Today, we have over 2,800 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States.
We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within Laurentian Bank.
The Senior Advisor, Compliance, AML / ATF, is responsible for ensuring the implementation of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML / ATF) activities in the business unit and assisting the CAML / ATF support office in his or her duties.
- Know and understand the AML / ATF regulations and be able to apply them in a banking environment.
- Promote compliance with AML / ATF standards and the importance of preventing, detecting and deterring money laundering and terrorism financing.
- Participate in the development, deployment and progress of oversight and governance activities required to ensure sound risk management and run operations in compliance with AML / ATF standards within the business unit.
- Carry out the required follow-ups and analyses involved in the monitoring of negative media and ongoing controls, including increased due diligence.
- Serve as an AML / ATF expert, providing expertise and advice for the team's activities.
- Assess training needs and provide a continuing education program on the standards applicable to the business units.
- Organize training and / or coaching sessions for the unit and business lines.
- Contribute to the assessment of segment risk related to AML / ATF, as well as the continuous improvement of practices.
- Integrate the AML / ATF policy into the business unit procedures.
- Participate in implementing and / or monitoring of action plans to remedy non-compliant situations.
- Prepare AML / ATF reporting.
- Draft various reports, analyses and procedures.
- Escalate important AML / ATF files to the CAML / ATF support office.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with the CAML / ATF support office, the Financial Crime business unit and the Internal Audit department.
- As required, interact with regulatory authorities.
- Perform all tasks of a similar or general nature requested by his or her superior or required for the job.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Six to eight years of relevant experience, including a minimum of five years in anti-money laundering
- Bilingualism*, English and French (written / spoken), essential
- Experience in banking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- In-depth knowledge of commercial products
Professional working proficiency in French and English languages required as position involves frequent written and oral communication on complex matters with internal and external parties in both languages.
What Laurentian Bank has to offer you
The total compensation offered by Laurentian Bank encompasses a comprehensive range of benefits, highlighting our commitment to the well-being and success of our employees.
Here are some of the key points of our offering :
- The actual annual base salary offered will take into account internal equity, skills, and experience among other factors.
- Total compensation : Earn a comprehensive compensation package that includes annual reviews and performance-based bonuses.
- Work model : We prioritize a hybrid work model based on business needs.
- Stock purchase plan : Become not just an employee, but a Laurentian Bank shareholder. Employer matching takes your investment even further.
- Time off : In addition to paid vacation, we provide floating days and leave options to accommodate the diverse needs of our employees.
- Health and wellness : Take care of your health and well-being with access to healthcare professionals, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and a Stress Management and Well-Being Program.
- Group insurance and pension : We offer a competitive insurance program based on your family’s needs and a defined contribution pension plan to help prepare for your future.
- Financial benefits : As a Laurentian Bank employee, you’re also the best ambassador for our products and services. Take advantage of employee-only offers on a wide range of products.
Enjoy exclusive deals and preferred rates on products and services including insurance, hotels, train tickets, spas and many more.
We are committed to creating a fulfilling professional environment where your skills are valued, and your well-being is a priority.
Join us for a rewarding career at Laurentian Bank.
Inclusion and Accessibility
At Laurentian Bank, we believe everyone belongs. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities and where everyone feels like they belong and can thrive.
To this end, we encourage applications from individuals from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous persons, racialized and persons with disabilities, marginalized genders and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We strive to offer a flexible and accessible work experience that is inclusive of everyone. If at any time you need an accommodation, please let us know.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.4 hours ago