Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well you might just be in the right place!
As the Director of User Research , you will play a pivotal role in leading and coaching a dynamic team of UX researchers with a primary focus on Retail, Hospitality and Services verticals.
Collaborating closely with Product Design Managers, Product Managers, and Tech Leads, you will anchor the methodology of user research across all stages from early product ideation to summative validation.
What you’ll be doing :
- Lead and mentor the UX research team, fostering a culture of continuous learning, skill-building, and career growth, while promoting collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive UX research strategy that aligns with the company's product and business goals.
- Take ownership of the research roadmap, championing initiatives that prioritize consumer-centricity to propel our business objectives forward.
- Develop user-advocacy programs, sharing actionable insights that contribute to cultivating a culture centered around consumer needs.
- Demonstrate expertise in a diverse range of research methods (quantitative and qualitative) and the tools that execute them (e.
g., Heap, Maze, Dovetail).
- Collaborate effectively with the CX team and Market research teams, leveraging data from various organizational sources to inform research initiatives.
- Partner with external research vendors to supplement in-house capabilities, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of user needs.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies, and actively set the tone for ethical considerations in user research.
Uphold data privacy and user rights throughout the research process.
Scale UX research by upskilling and empowering designers to perform research through coaching of UXR methodology.
What you need to bring :
- 7+ years of experience conducting digital consumer facing ux research on a variety of devices / platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet) and managing teams of researchers
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, concept testing, online qualitative tools, survey design, card sorting, tree testing, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A / B testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
- Proven ability to identify and execute creative and effective user research approaches
- Experience with a broad set of qualitative and user-centered research methods : contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, learning labs, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry :
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies : Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Lightspeed is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free workplace.
Lightspeed welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.2 hours ago