AIM Recycling is currently looking for a person to fill the position of Director of Inbound Services. Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will supervise, direct and develop the operations of this department for the greater Montreal area.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning the overall allocation of human, material and economic resources, and will work with management to optimize and continuously improve processes.
- Manage, organize and plan daily team activities to ensure efficiency and quality of operations.
- Build customer loyalty and increase our presence in the greater Montreal area before developing new markets
- Route and customer planning
- Optimization of current customer offers
- Coordinate with administrative staff and sales team to ensure accurate and timely documentation of all purchasing transactions
- Purchase scrap metal to meet or exceed tonnage targets while optimizing profit margins
- Manage, supervise, motivate the work team and carry out performance evaluations
- Ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations with managers, while monitoring the execution of their activities
Performance management and metrics
- Monitor and report on staff performance
- Monitor KPIs and sales reports
- Write any reports required by management
- Work to achieve budgeted financial results
- Conduct prospecting activities, in person, on the phone, by email and via social media with potential customers within the territory
- Build lasting relationships throughout the scrap metal products industry
- Negotiate commercial terms to help meet and exceed financial targets
- Maintain regular contact with customers to promote the Company, answer questions and provide excellent customer service
- Define, develop and implement improvements to operational processes, procedures and policies
- Develop new markets in other regions
- Other related duties
- Regular exposure to outside weather conditions
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Travel : 70% of time on the road
- 3+ years experience in a similar position, ideally in the metal industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent mathematical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Available to travel; Valid Class 5 driver's license and clean driving record
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Strong execution and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership, coaching or motivational skills
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication, listening and problem-solving skills.
Full-time, permanent position.
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine gender is used only to lighten the text.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.14 days ago