Company : CGL
Department : Marketing / Communications
Employment Type : Regular Full-Time
Work Model : Remote
Language : Bilingualism in English and French is required
The Opportunity :
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy.
That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose.
The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
Our Marketing and Communications team aspires to drive innovation and be the industry leader in client engagement. Our versatile and knowledgeable team works collaboratively with business partners to enhance client experience, creating value at every point of contact.
We think strategically and align our initiatives to help our organization achieve its business objectives.
The Translator is responsible for providing a full range of English to French translation services to support the growing need for French communication within The Co-operators group of companies.
This responsibility includes translation and editing and reduces the need to send translation work to third-party suppliers.
How you will create impact :
Translate a variety of written communication from English to French, frequently under tight deadlines, while maintaining the content, context and style of the original material.
Periodic audits will be done on all work to ensure quality and consistency.
Research a wide range of terminology and language-specific phrases to facilitate the accurate translation of material.
Participate in team discussions regarding accurate terminology.
- Occasionally proof, review and edit work performed by external translators for accuracy and consistency. Make changes as needed.
- Liaise with internal clients to clarify details and ensure the smooth delivery of the final product to their specifications.
- Stay current with industry tools and resources used to provide translation services.
How you will succeed :
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team :
- A university degree in translation or related field.
- 3 - 4 years’ experience as a translator within a business setting, preferably in insurance / financial services.
- Professional Translation accreditation is an asset.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- Working knowledge of translation support software and resources including SDL Trados Studio, SDL MultiTerm, Broca, is preferred.
- Proficiency in both English and French is essential to the main duties in this role, including servicing and communicating primarily with majority anglophone and francophone clients, groups, and teams.
The essential non-French duties are not assignable to adjacent or other team members.
What you need to know :
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Strict confidentiality with respect to employee’s personal information and other sensitive or proprietary material.
What’s in it for you?
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- In addition to our competitive salary and incentive programs, eligible employees also benefit from a comprehensive total rewards package including group retirement savings plans, pension and benefits (, health and wellness, dental, disability and life coverage), mental health support and an employee assistance program. 1 hour ago