Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed Capital is looking for a Software Development Manager in North America to grow and lead our technical team within the Financial Services organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital, you will help us lead, mentor and grow a high-performing software development team and cultivate an inclusive, inspiring working culture.
Under your guidance, developers will deliver Capital products and services that are mission-critical to Lightspeed’s long-term vision and growth.
We are looking for a leader with a solid, demonstrable technical background, who can earn the respect of developers with their knowledge and experience.
You will have a proven track record of supporting, mentoring, leading and growing a development team, and of delivering high-scale cloud-based software systems.
You will enjoy problem-solving and removing blockers to the team’s progress, and will have experience collaborating with Product teams and customer stakeholders.
You will be an effective and clear communicator who can direction-set and track team delivery in a distributed, fast-moving and rapidly-changing agile environment.
For this role, you should be located in Canada, and able to work within EST / EDT hours. We offer a choice of fully remote, partially remote or fully office-based work environments (in cities with local offices).
What you’ll be responsible for :
- Guiding, motivating and growing a team of software developers as they solve complex problems in the Capital domain
- Directly and indirectly managing a team through collaboration with, and mentorship of a Technical Lead Staff Engineer
- Working closely with architects, Product teams, engineering leadership and stakeholders to align on team priorities and roadmaps
- Identifying, communicating and removing impediments and risks to delivery, within the team and across Financial Services as a whole
- Planning and furthering the professional growth of individual team members, including 1-1s, performance reviews, ongoing feedback, goal-setting and promotions
- Reporting up to engineering leadership and stakeholders on team progress and status
- Finding and hiring top talent for your team and the wider organization
- Providing technical and process guidance to the team during delivery
What you’ll be bringing to the team :
- Experience leading a team of developers through successful delivery of software products
- Experience delivering microservice-driven, scalable, cloud-based applications
- Strong working knowledge of Java or TypeScript
- Professional experience in agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to personally coach, mentor and drive individuals and overall teams
- Strong passion for continuous learning and improvement
- A quality-driven mindset with a focus on software scalability and resilience
Some additional things that would be a bonus :
- Experience in the Payments domain
- Experience in building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience in full-stack web application development
- Solid knowledge of cloud services (AWS and GCP in particular)
- Project Management or Scrum master experience, or formal training
- Experience in test automation and / or DevOps engineering
Who you are :
- A leader with strong people skills who can manage and represent your team
- A teacher and mentor helping individuals to grow and reach their full potential
- A communicator who can clearly convey requirements, best practices and status updates to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A problem-solver who embraces tackling complexity and removing roadblocks
- A decisive decision-maker who can handle change and ambiguity
What's in it for you?
- Join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Work on systems that handle billions of dollars in transactions for our merchants globally.
- Surround yourself with strong talent and enjoy continuous professional growth.
- Develop in a modern and proven technology stack.
- Great benefits and perks, including equity and flexible / hybrid remote work options, in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry :
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies : Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Lightspeed is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free workplace.
Lightspeed welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.2 hours ago