Requisition ID : 192764
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Global Wealth Management, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Strategic Request Management : Review and analyze translation requests from across Global Wealth Management, leveraging in-depth knowledge of corporate and departmental priorities.
Prioritize requests to ensure the most efficient use of internal and external resources. Plan resources in accordance with announced projects and workload trends.
- Enhancing Request Quality : Take initiative in identifying deficiencies in requests, such as missing information or documents, incomplete or ambiguous requests, and work closely with translation requesters to obtain additional information as necessary to elevate performance and improve results.
- Resource Allocation : Distribute work among translation resources with precision, taking into account their schedules and expertise.
- Risk Assessment : Assess the need for revision of different types of documents based on risk and liabilities, and negotiate deadlines when required.
Manage internal client expectations effectively.
- Documentation and Process Improvement : Create and maintain documentation within areas of responsibility. Identify and flag patterns, trends, process breakdowns, knowledge gaps, and recommend improvements within the team to foster a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Technology Utilization : Support the maintenance of project management and translation software and ensure they are leveraged to their fullest extent.
- Vendor and Partner Relations : Interact with third-party vendors and suppliers professionally and courteously, fostering long-term partnerships.
Acts as a trusted advisor and first point of contact.
- Onboarding and Mentoring : Proactively welcome and assist new employees in understanding the importance of urgency and high-visibility projects and guide them in managing their tasks efficiently.
- Training and Development : Provide training and mentorship to junior translation project specialists, sharing your expertise and fostering their growth within the department.
- Financial Management : Receive and process invoices from third-party vendors and partners in a timely and efficient manner.
- Leadership and Collaboration : Collaborate closely with the Translation Management team and perform other related duties as directed, demonstrating leadership and the ability to adapt to evolving priorities.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his / her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML / ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML / ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Supports all lines of business within Global Wealth Management
- Must be technologically proficient to use different computer assisted translation and project management softwares
- Process the translation and the quality control of over x requests daily
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a translation environment, preferably in the financial industry, in a corporate environment
- Skilled user of computer assisted translation tools, MS Office, Adobe, Workfront, etc.
- Strong proficiency with translation and project management technology
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry
- Strong coordination, and people management skills, to facilitate teamwork and coordinated execution of multiple deliverables
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Complete fluency in (both written and oral) and excellent cultural knowledge of the source and target languages (Canadian English and Canadian and Québec French)
Work from home / hybrid; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
Location(s) : Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose : "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.2 hours ago