At Invoke, our mission is to Have Fun Building Great Games.
We believe the best games come from people who love what they do, in an environment that values them and their ideas. That’s why we make games that our younger selves used to dream about.
And we make sure that everyone has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success. Being part of Wizards of the Coast, we get to contribute to a collection of games that have inspired players and developers for decades.
At Invoke, you get to play your part as a valued member of an open and dedicated team within a magical world!
Invoke is looking for an Senior Engine Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will develop, support, and optimize the engine features for our game.
The ideal candidate has experience with AAA console games and Unreal Engine, and an interest in implementing, debugging and optimizing low-level engine code.
What You'll Do
- Define how we can push the limits of Unreal Engine 5 for our next AAA game;
- Suggest improvements to the existing engine and data pipeline to improve our iterations times and the quality of the game;
- Contribute to our core framework layer built atop Unreal;
- Profile the game and coordinate with other teams to address performance issues;
- Develop systems to track performance and notify developers when performance targets are not met;
Mentor other Engineers on the team when needed.
What You'll Bring
- 7-8+ years working on game engines, with an interest in debugging, optimization and low-level engine code;
- Experience with Unreal Engine and functional knowledge of its inner workings;
- Experience developing and optimizing for Playstation and / or Xbox consoles;
- Excellent C++ skills;
- Strong multi-threading programming skills;
- Knowledge of ECS architecture within Game Engines;
- Modular and maintenance oriented implementation approach;
- Initiative to push boundaries and a strong desire to build something outstanding;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience with profiling tools such as Unreal Insights is a plus;
- Functional knowledge of C# and / or Python is a plus;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Invoke commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following : age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, country origin, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities.
We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization's development.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.17 hours ago