Cloud Chamber is looking for an accomplished Lead Programmer to manage the development of the gameplay systems for BioShock 4;
a strongly narrative and systemic game. You are a nimble programmer who is fluent across all disciplines and able to assist, mentor, and support your team to achieve their respective ambitions.
Partnering closely with Design and Art Leads you will help to advance and implement the vision for the project’s overall gameplay systems.
Job Details :
- Serve as Lead Gameplay Programmer, coordinating efforts across internal and external development groups, and helping to guide the technical direction of Gameplay across the project.
- Help own and direct development of Player systems (weapons, base verbs, etc).
- Partner closely with design, other engineering groups, animation, and audio to further the goals of the project.
- Mentor and support the programmers on your team, training them into ever increasing skills and capabilities.
- Provide technical designs for new features and / or changes in engine.
- Work in Unreal 5 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a high degree of detail with peers, partners, and different cultural groups across multiple disciplines.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with our other projects’ Engineering Teams, utilizing their expertise when appropriate.
- Ensure effective contributions from our Co-Development partners; ensure they are part of the team.
- Facilitate ensemble code reviews to provide visibility and engagement.
- Maintain the values of Cloud Chamber.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications :
- 10+ years industry or related experience.
- Previous experience leading a gameplay engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong 3D Math skills with expert C / C++ experience.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Wide range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, physics, camera, animation, audio, etc.).
- Current console experience.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with current Unreal Engine technology desired.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills and willing to take initiative to communicate, coordinate, and negotiate between different disciplines with kindness and respect.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with communication skills to express clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change for a fast-growing organization.
- Track record of successfully recruiting, developing, mentoring, and retaining top technical talent.
- Ability to discuss, support, and advocate personal opinions while being receptive to differing viewpoints.
- Uncompromising ethics and unwavering integrity.
- Champion of high standards, pushing for progress, embracing change, and challenging the status quo.
We are Cloud Chamber : a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.11 hours ago