Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America.
Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada, continuously ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada is seeking a Knowledge Management Analyst who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Centre of Excellence (COE). The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Procurement, Centre of Excellence who has responsibility over Knowledge Management (KM), Supplier Risk Management, Sustainable Procurement and the Sourcing to Contract process within SP.
Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will also provide visibility to key stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
The COE team is an exciting group within Air Canada. Activities are often project-based, providing variety, exposure to different parts of the business, and an expectation to continually develop the skills necessary to progress to senior sourcing roles.
The successful candidate will be expected to translate a passion for learning into meaningful analysis and insight resulting in bottom-line impact.
KM Analysts have two primary focus areas. First, they support sourcing initiatives led by SP Category Managers. Responsibilities include involvement in activities such as market research, strategic sourcing events, preparing baseline, vendor negotiations, supplier risk assessments, and internal marketing of SP initiatives.
The second focus area is to drive 'KM-Led' projects, which focus on process improvement, automation and standardization, tools, and technology.
These projects are highly visible 'enablers' for SP staff and are often mandated by SP Leadership. Examples from the past years include streamlining of the contract process, contributing to the configuration and testing of the SAP Ariba Contract module, developing and delivering training, developing new RFP templates for Category Managers, analysing market trends that may impact SP and supplier performances, etc.
- Lead and support sourcing initiatives and the standard corporate procurement process
- Assist in formulating procurement strategies by evaluating markets and suppliers through qualitative and quantitative criteria
- Support category teams in the development and release of RFx events (e.g., RFI, RFP, and RFQ).
- Develop and use models to consolidate and analyze supplier RFx responses
- Author project summary documentation, using Excel and PowerPoint
- Provide analytical support and insight
- Produce consistently high-quality qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Develop subject-matter expertise in assigned areas of focus
- Establish category knowledge by reviewing historical spend and buying practices
- Strengthen internal knowledge library and cross train team members
- Perform supply-market intelligence - research suppliers to identify market opportunities
- Develop should-cost analyses - research costs and trends (e.g., commodities) to understand market pricing and ultimately leverage Air Canada's buying position
- Stay abreast of procurement best practices through benchmarking
- Act as an ambassador of, and change agent for, Strategic Procurement
- Continually develop SP relationships with internal customers through high-quality analysis, effective communication, and a commitment to learning the business
- Develop an understanding of current sourcing practices and identify areas for improvement
- Enhance tools and systems and provide support to users within SP
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives related to SP systems and tools
- Work with cross functional teams to determine requirements and establish strategies that aims at increasing efficiency or quality of work
- Stay abreast of new technology and roll out as required
- Conduct training and provide assistance on SP systems and tools for all SP
- Other tasks related to the maintenance of SP systems and tools
In addition to a University degree in a relevant field of study (business, math, engineering, etc.) the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical and communication skills plus the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities.
A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn will also be critical. Strong organizational skills and proficiency with technology are essential.
Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required. Experience with Source-to-Pay or Source-to-Contract Software solutions is an asset
Due to the confidential nature of our work, a high degree of professionalism and discretion is required. Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may also be necessary.
Conditions of Employment :
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits / visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.1 hour ago