Role and Responsibilities
CAE's immersive environment department is a highly technological department that is at the heart of the experience of pilot’s training, both in civil aviation or defense and security.
Imagine, a team in charge of complete immersion in the environment : from display solutions, through mixed reality, content creation and visual rendering, generation of sound effects and simulator movements, as well as development artificial intelligence of other "players" in military simulation scenarios.
We are currently looking for an Applied Researcher on Artificial Intelligence to join our company. You will be working as part of Content development team where you will be involved in helping the company innovate by integrating artificial intelligence solutions into our products to satisfy the content generation pipeline and simulation execution.
Come and join our agile development team in developing high-performance, scalable and extensible systems.
The role we are offering you :
Working on our next gen technology and methodology to produce large scale, realistic 3D virtual environments. You will be researching techniques and algorithms in Machine Learning and Computer Vision to create cool new features and advance the state-of-the-art in synthetic environment creation
- Collaborate with product owners and architects and the entire AI team to create cutting edge technologies
- Develop AI / ML solutions geared towards computer vision and processing of 3D data in the geo-spatial domain
- Detections, Extraction, Reconstruction and SynthesisLarge scale processing / manipulation of vector dataResearch and Implement correlation Algorithms of 2D and 3D dataDeep Learning on Geospatial Analysis
- Support software solutions using good development practices (i.e. code quality standards, peer review, engineering testing, within established deadlines)
- Collaborate with support and quality assurance departments to maintain existing capabilities and improve the technologies
- Enforce Agile methods by communicating regularly, sharing risk analysis, proposing options, taking initiatives
Our ideal candidate has :
- Bachelor's, M.Sc or PhD degree in Computer Science (AI / ML / DL / Computer vision)
- Experience building systems based on machine learning (especially deep learning) and computer vision
- Experience using frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras and / or Pytorch
- Expertise in software development using Python and C / C++
- Proven experience with generative learning architectures (GAN, VAE, etc.)
- Experience with geo-spatial data and tools
- Excellent English and French communication written and oral skills
- Passion for understanding complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
CAE offers :
- Benefits : fully flexible for you to choose what is important
- Retirement : Defined Benefits Retirement Plan & Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Financial Perks : Employee Stock Purchase Plan & numerous corporate discounts
- Personal and Family Programs : Physical Wellness Plan & Supplementary Maternity Plan
- Work-Life Balance : Flextime & California Fridays all year
- Fun at work : social and community events all-year round!
With over 10,000 employees located in 35 countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. To learn more :
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.9 hours ago