At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you.
And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We help the world's largest financial institutions navigate the intricate Financial Crime and Fraud environment. We are trusted advisors for setting the strategy, operating model and preventing, detecting and investigating fraud for Canada's largest Banks and Financial Institutions.
As a Senior Manager in the Fraud Risk Management team, you will play a key role in defining the evolution of Financial Crime Risk Management while helping financial institutions combat global illicit financial crimes.
Join and help lead our industry-defining team of professionals focused on fraud, cyber, and insider threats. We use unparalleled insights into financial crime issues to create and rebuild comprehensive financial crime programs, implement critical enhancements, and respond to regulatory and market needs.
Your role will be driven by our clients' needs and by your ability to develop new offerings and unique insights about fraud risk management in the financial services industry.
You will work in cross-functional teams with a variety of colleagues, including career consultants, former industry professionals, veterans, regulators, governmental officials, intelligence analysts, and technology advisors.
We are committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching and training to further bolster your development.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead the Quebec market for fraud related projects.
- Lead and manage client engagements including team management, client stakeholder management, budget and financials, and executive status updates.
- Coach, develop and grow the Fraud team talent pool while fostering an innovative and inclusive working environment.
- Support and lead go-to-market strategies - e.g., develop proposals, RFP responses, internal and external PoV materials, etc.
- Establish key client relationships and act as a liaison between EY's Fraud leadership team and the client.
- Collaborate with internal counterparts and stakeholders across the FSRM team to create synergies across teams.
- Understand and analyze key aspects of external fraud, insider threats, and cyber as well as other financial crimes regulations.
- Perform analysis of accounting, finance, transactional, and various other types of records to identify patterns or transactions that present red-flag characteristics.
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Lead on-the-job coaching and supervise the work of Seniors and Staff.
Skills and attributes for success
The candidate should be adept at sharing technical knowledge across a variety of financial crimes risk, compliance, and technology-related topics, drawn from experience, industry study, and a natural curiosity to constantly expand and evolve their personal skillsets
The ideal candidate will have :
- Minimum 10 years' experience working with internal and external fraud threat management, conducting fraud risk assessments, fraud strategy and providing recommendations on how to address risks and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including an ability to assess risk and control issues related to fraud.
- An understanding of financial products and services related to depository institutions, retail, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology, and payments.
- Ability to lead, create and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations.
- Ability to manage a team, work under pressure and meet deadlines on concurrent projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to own and drive client engagements and internal initiatives.
- A degree in statistics, economics, finance, accounting, business, or a related discipline.
- Availability to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
If you're a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, we're interested in you.
You'll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities.
It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future.
Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer :
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging.
We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation.
Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.30+ days ago