Lightspeed is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Manager of Risk and Decision Engine with previous credit risk modelling experience to join our growing team.
As a Manager of Risk, you will play a crucial role in leveraging data-driven insights to enhance our business strategies, drive innovation, and optimize decision-making processes.
The primary role for this position is to help set up various models aimed at the growth of our capital lending product while ensuring optimum risk management and deployment of the credit risk strategies into the decision engine .
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver actionable solutions that drive our organization's growth and success.
- Data Analysis :
- Leverage experimentation and advanced data analytics to derive insights. Dissect complex data and translate it into actionable strategies to help optimize credit underwriting
- Determine and optimize user limit assignments, ensuring they are set optimally to balance risk and growth, driving healthy user engagement
- Conduct extensive data analysis using statistical and machine learning techniques to identify patterns , trends, and relationships within datasets and credit risk.
- Decision engine management :
- Work in collaboration with key technical stakeholders to deliver and improve Data Engineering pipelines as well as Data solutions and architectures.
- UAT testing of the credit strategies within a proprietary decision engine based on the credit risk requirements
- Design, develop and deploy decision engine credit risk flow to manage the acquisition and account management risk
- Work closely with engineering, product management and data team to ensure the implementation of the credit risk strategies are within policy requirements
- Maintain the decision engine diagrams related to the proprietary credit risk models, risk knockouts
- Manage ingestion of the new data sources in the decision engine for risk rule engine management
- Business Strategy and Insights :
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand their challenges and goals, providing data-driven insights and recommendations that drive strategic decision-making.
- Conduct analyses of internal portfolio data and external economic and demographic data to identify trends and patterns relevant to the business by leveraging data science and traditional analytical methodologies.
- Data Visualization and Reporting :
- Create clear and concise data visualizations and reports to communicate complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Translate analytical results into actionable business insights and present findings to senior management in a compelling and easily understandable manner.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Data Analysis, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics or Engineering.
- 5 years experience in financial services, lending and / or risk management experience with a focus on analytics, retail, commercial and consumer credit risk.
- Extensive experience in fintech in risk management or engineering related to Decision Engine, Rule Engine set up, automation and credit risk rule implementation.
- Experience in decision engine management and rule implementation, preferably with Provenir, GDS, Turnkey or Salesforce
- Preferred experience in fintech in an analyst role, with complex analytical setup.
- Strong experience in business analysis, business process, data analysis, data mining, data visualization and reporting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to explain / communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
- Expertise in Python, SQL, and data manipulation using libraries like NumPy, Pandas, and sci-kit-learn.
- Effective communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
What’s in it for you :
- Join a growing team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Flexible paid time off and remote work policies.
- Health insurance.
- Contributions to your pension plan - RRSP.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services.
- Training opportunities to grow your skills and career
- Volunteer day.
- Fully stacked kitchen (hot and cold beverages, meals served)
- Happy hours to build your relationships with colleagues after work
To all recruitment agencies : Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Lightspeed is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free workplace.
Lightspeed welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.2 hours ago