Research Scientist , LBA , ADA
Laval, QC, Canada Req #4293 Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them.
No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences.
We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About The Role
The Research Scientist is assigned to projects based on scientific competency and training. The Research Scientist will plan and / or perform laboratory bench work and ensure the overall integrity / quality of assigned method development and / or studies.
The Research Scientist can also support client interactions for their assigned projects.
What You'll Do Here :
- Plans and perform laboratory bench work for method development and method qualification studies, interpretation of results, documentation / tabulation of data and troubleshooting as required and be able to resolve them via development of appropriate procedure.
- Manages project, maintain timeline, scheduling commitments and order appropriate material, as needed.
- Assigned by management on studies and tasks based on scientific competency and training (can include method development, method qualification, validation or sample analysis projects).
- Involved in planning and improving lab efficiency.
- Mentor Analysts and Associate scientists by providing daily laboratory scientific support. Organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Write, review and update method SOP as needed. Ensure transfer of knowledge when required to other personnel for progression of study conduct.
- For validations and sample analysis, the Research Scientist may be assigned as Bioanalytical Principal Investigator and is the first point of contact for PM and / or clients for laboratory services and will manage and conduct method development, validation and production studies for clinical and non-clinical studies in compliance with the protocol / study plan, amendments, GCP, GLPs, SOPs and best practices.
- When applicable, provide QC support on based on training and competencies.
- When applicable, perform data batch review, perform multi-batch trend analysis, complete documentation as required by tracking deviations, events and reports of non-compliance and review or approve Memo to File, SOP / Protocol / Study Plan deviations.
- When applicable, provide a report and / or reporting of results, within study timelines and ensure any deviations / exception events are reflected as appropriate and assure that all analysis conducted is reported and is accurate.
- When applicable review and provide comments and recommendations, as needed, for the bioanalytical portions of preclinical and clinical protocols, study plans, laboratory manuals, Data Transfer Agreements, and / or other documents, as needed.
- Participate in meetings with clients’ conferences and contribute to scientific outreach through posters and / or presentations.
- Conduct applicable work in compliance with applicable SOPs, GCPs, GLPs, and observe all company guidelines and policies.
- Respecting Health and Safety standards in terms of personal protection, laboratory maintenance, and work procedures.
- Other related tasks.
What You'll Need to Succeed :
- College degree and / or University degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology or applicable field.
- Preferred experience in regulated clinical and / or preclinical studies within the area of expertise (e.g., Immunogenicity, PK or Biomarker, Oligonucleotide, Flow cytometry or ELISpot);
with typically 3 years of experience in CRO or pharmaceutical company or equivalent.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines and must understand general SOPs and have excellent knowledge of GLP regulations.
- Good organizational skill, highly flexible, sense of urgency, excellent troubleshooting skills, client oriented, attentive to details, be able to easily read and understand study plans and protocols, ability to coach / mentor people,
- Good communication both written and verbal in French & English.
- Must deeply understand general SOPs and have an excellent knowledge of GCP / GLP regulations.
What We Offer
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes :
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) / RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include :
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual Performance Reviews
MOVING IN UNISON TO DELIVER A BIG IMPACT WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH2 hours ago