Dawson College adheres
to an equal access employment program and, as such, encourages women, Indigenous peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Located in a heritage site, a building constructed in 1908, home to 10,000 students and 1,000 faculty and staff, Dawson College provides an enriching, vibrant, and stimulating work environment.
The College’s strategic vision of collaboration, innovation, and creativity helps foster a career focus on personal and professional development.
With the widest variety of program choices among English language colleges, the College reflects Montreal’s unique character by virtue of the diversity of its students, staff, and faculty.
Dawson is a leader in sustainability practices in the education network. Description : As a public sector institution, Dawson offers its employees generous working conditions and benefits and an opportunity to contribute to the future of our society.
Benefits include, among others :
- A defined benefit pension plan (PPMP)
- Health and dental insurance
- 13 public holidays and possibility of summer hours
- 4 weeks vacation
- Professional development funding and opportunities
- Access to courses given at the College
- An employee and family assistance program.
- Easily accessed by public transportation (Atwater Metro station (green line))
- Easily accessed by bike
Nature of the work :
The position of the academic and vocational information counsellor is to provide information, assistance and counselling to individuals or groups of students regarding their choice of educational and professional career paths.
This may include processing and presenting students with information concerning the descriptions, admission procedures, and requirements of various academic and vocational programs, as well as about the job market and different professions.
- Develops and implements an academic and vocational information service that complements the services provided by Academic Advising and the Guidance Counsellor.
- Guides students in preparing their educational path by providing them with pertinent information to help direct them in their academic choices.
- Helps students identify their needs and offer counsel on Canadian university programs in keeping with students’ plans.
- Prepares and conducts, with a multidisciplinary team, awareness, information, and training activities for students to increase their interest in the labour market, motivate them in school and assess their achievement objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts academic and vocational information activities : conferences, industrial visits and information evenings;
works with other staff members to prepare and publish web resources and guides; finds, analyzes and places, at the disposal of students and in consultation with the documentation technician, references, databanks and online directories.
- Keeps abreast of labour market developments and programs, using research and document review.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and collaboration with representatives of the labour market, educational institutions and other organizations that could be involved in providing guidance to students;
promotes the activities and courses offered and responds to internal and external information requests.
Performs other related duties assigned by the Coordinator of Student Services or his / her delegate Length of the contract : February 2024 to December 2024 Requirements : Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization, such as Guidance counselling or career counselling
- Advanced English language skills (testing may be required)
- Advanced French language skills (testing may be required)
- Knowledge of Career Counselling programs and materials
- Recent counselling experience in the CEGEP system
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student population
- Ability to function effectively in a collaborative environment
- Basic computer knowledge (testing may be required) Comments : Please note that a cover letter is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume. 2 hours ago