Area of Interest : Financial markets and treasury
As a Legal Counsel on the Specialized Transactions and Products team, which is a part of the Financial Markets division at National Bank, you will act as an expert advisor in the sector and ensure that business practices for structured products comply with Canadian regulations.
In this role, you will have a positive impact on our organization based on your knowledge of the securities regulatory framework and your ability to work diligently and with an attention to detail.
- Participate in all stages of the development and marketing of structured products
- Draft prospectuses and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders including taxation and accounting
- Issue legal opinions
- Ensure that business practices for structured products comply with Canadian regulations
- Analyze and review various legal reports and documents in order to safeguard the Bank's interests and rights
- Make recommendations on the marketing and development of products in order to ascertain and manage risks subject to the Bank and its subsidiaries
On the Specialized Transactions and Products team, you will work with lawyers and paralegals. You will report directly to the Manager, Specialized Transactions and Products.
Our team stands out for its efficiency, availability, expertise, creativity, and dynamism. Every day, our team works with various financial engineers that structure financial products.
Personalized training content is available to foster ongoing development. You will have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience, and backgrounds to enrich your development.
- Bachelor’s degree in law and a member of the Barreau du Québec for 1 to 3 years
- Knowledge of the securities regulatory and corporate framework
- Knowledge of the financial markets system and how it operates, with a corresponding interest in same
- Experience with drafting commercial agreements
- Knowledge of the Canadian regulatory environment, namely the registration and compliance of various securities stakeholders
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in derivatives and structured investment products would be an asset and / or an interest in developing your knowledge in this field
- Language : French
- Language : English
Reason to require this language : you will need to discuss frequently with our service providers or partners who speak a language other than French.
Accountability Analytics Business Acumen Business Impact Analysis Business Process Mapping Capital Markets Change Management Client-focused Communication Detail-oriented Diversity &
Inclusion Driving Results Due Diligence Emotional Intelligence Empathy
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas.
Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Come live your ambitions with us!1 hour ago