We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
TD's Translation Services department is a team of some 30 dedicated bilingual translation professionals whose goal is to ensure efficient and accurate translation support to all business areas across the organization.
Under the supervision of the Associate Manager, Translation Services, the Senior Translator must be able to translate independently with minimal supervision various documents from English into French (sometimes from French into English) complex in nature, and to revise the translations made by junior and intermediate translators, and translation agencies.
As an experienced member of TD Translation Services, the Senior Translator will act as a contact person and a mentor for junior and intermediate translators.
Revise documents translated into French by Translators I and II, and translation agencies, and assess their quality in terms of format and content, i.
e. grammar, clarity, exactness and consistency of terminology
- Act as a key resource for less experienced team members; answer their questions, give them feedback on their work and provide advice to help them progress
- Independently translate complex documents written by various business units, including Retail Banking, Channels, Commercial Banking, Small Business Banking
- Revise existing content (for instance Web and Intranet sites), and edit it if needed;
- Replace the Assistant Manager, if needed
- Maintain a translation productivity of 1,800 - 2,000 words / day and a bilingual revision productivity of 800 - 1,200 words / hour;
translation must be consistent with high quality standards and require minimal supervision / revision
- Revise published French material (e.g. TD Web sites and intranet) and ask the relevant partners to make corrections as needed
- Proactively do term searches, consult with other translators, authors, experts, etc. to answer questions from colleagues and translation agencies in order to ensure faithfulness to the original;
contribute to expanding the terminological database by writing term entries and share findings with colleagues
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with Business Partners, external suppliers and colleagues;
- Provide feedback to Assistant Managers for the performance evaluation process of translators I and II
- Help Assistant Managers in their administrative or work management duties, as needed
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management .
Specific Educational Requirements / Accreditations :
University degree in translation
Other Qualifications / Skills / Experience :
- Complete fluency in French and English (written and oral)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a structured Translation Department
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in revision
- Translation experience in wealth management, asset management, banking, finance and accounting, a definite asset
- Experience in project management would be an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet very tight deadlines and to manage urgent translation requests
- Availability outside of normal business hours at times
- Ability to solve translation and terminology issues
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to create a sense of teamwork, openness and communication
- Computer skills with the MS Office suite and CAT tools
- Intellectual curiosity
Proficiency in Other than French
This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support or deal with employees who require services and support in a language other than French.
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior.
In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care.
No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars - physical, financial, social and mental / emotional.
In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth.
Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals.
Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team.
Our teams work in one of three workplace models : Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches.
Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world.
More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support.
We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing.
As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking.
Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential.
Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals.
As an organization, we keep growing - and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported.
We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.
to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative.
Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change : Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health.
It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!2 hours ago