We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Procurement Agent to join our strategic sourcing team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the sourcing and negotiations activities related to a wide range of indirect goods and services, including information technologies, temporary workforce, employee development, travel, and business consulting.
You will also play an active role in various Procure-to-Pay operations, including vendor creation, purchase requisitions and other activities related to data management.
Your ability to execute the procurement processes, drive cost savings, and support the deployment of various sourcing strategies will be crucial in achieving our corporate objectives.
The Procurement Agent will report to the Supply Management Director of Indirect Goods and Services.
- Lead various sourcing events and contract renewals related to the Indirect group of categories, while seeking cost reduction and value-added opportunities.
- Ensure that all purchasing policies, procedures and internal controls are applied during the sourcing events (i.e. legal, cybersecurity, personal data protection).
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted procurement advisor.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge regarding market drivers, market trends, economic forecasts, supplier base, and competitive intelligence.
- Support the Strategic Sourcing team in the creation of the annual Category Playbook, by providing key data, personal insights and ideas to generate value and manage risk for the organisation.
- Play an active role in Kruger’s Procure-to-Pay activities by preparing purchase requisitions for the Supply Management team, ensure data accuracy on the purchase orders issued for the Head Office, as well as support various requests related to invoice management (i.
e. aging invoices, additional fund requests, etc.).
Support the Kruger Vendor Management process in our ERP by ensuring vendor creation / modification requests are processed on-time, with the correct information (i.
e. : name, address, billing, etc.).
Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in administration or bachelor's degree in administration, supply chain or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of procurement experience.
- Experience in sourcing IT solutions and equipment is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of procurement, with good negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Understanding of data analysis and cost saving methods.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel (ability to organize, analyse and synthesize data).
- Knowledge of SAP, JD Edwards or in any ERP system (an asset).
- Bilingualism (French and English) essential. 30+ days ago