The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis, is a key part of the evolution of the FP&A team at Kruger. The incumbent’s main responsibilities include management of financial systems and support for development projects.
In addition, he / she will play a major role in the enhancement of data analytics capabilities within the FP&A team and continuous improvement of existing reports, dashboards, and processes.
The incumbent will also support the financial and budgetary analysis required for various monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes, including the analysis of consolidated budget variances and preparation of reports for senior management and the Company's board of directors.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Manage system operations for IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) as well as support development projects.
- Be a system superuser for TM1 and Power BI / Power Query and support the user community across the
Kruger Finance organization, including training new users, creating training materials and facilitating training sessions.
- Develop business intelligence visualizations, including existing and ad hoc dashboards, reports, KPIs and graphs that further analyze and answer business questions.
- Manage and improve the existing reports, dashboards, and processes, and automate them wherever possible.
- Enhance the data analytics capability within the FP&A team by performing ad hoc analysis of both financial and operational data and contribute to the evolution of the analytical culture across the Kruger organization.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Provide support for recurring executive reporting :
oProduce reports for senior management, the Executive Committee, the Company’s board of directors and the Audit Advisory Committee.
oConsolidate financial information of different divisional systems to update forecast / budget information on a quarterly basis and ensure the integrity and quality of the consolidated information.
oSupport and advise divisions during the budget process, standardize and consolidate the budgeted financial data and improve the process.
oProduce consolidated forecast / budget information from the consolidation system on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis taking into consideration the different accounting standards used in the company (ASPE and IFRS).
Perform ad hoc requests relating to financial planning and analysis and special projects.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business analytics. CPA, CFA designation or master’s degree in business / finance will be considered an asset.
3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in FP&A functions with data analytics or / and financial analysis (experience in corporate function will be considered an asset).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in accounting and financial systems and software. Advanced user of Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint and Power BI / Power Query.
Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) or equivalent, IBM Controller, or / and JD Edwards will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge in SQL database architecture and ability to write ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, a plus.
- Good knowledge of financial statement analysis and financial ratios / KPIs.
- Independent / self-starter and team player with a can do attitude and flexible approach.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to reconcile data, ensuring accuracy and precision in all tasks.
- Project coordination skills and ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highest degree of integrity and strong work ethic; ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels of the company.
- Process-driven and continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of the ASPE and IFRS accounting standards, a plus.
Bilingualism French / English (advanced level required).
Knowledge of English is required for this specific position as Kruger deals with partners across North America and the successful candidate will be required to communicate frequently with them.
Kruger has taken all reasonable steps to avoid imposing English language requirements, including assessing the actual language needs associated with the duties to be performed, ensuring that the language skills already required of other employees were insufficient for the performance of those duties, and limiting as much as possible the number of positions with duties requiring English language skills.1 day ago